PDA

View Full Version : Uls 25w not firing right

Charity Newland
05-20-2012, 5:19 PM
hoping someone can help me out, My uls 25w is not 2yrs old and today I went to do some acrylic awards and z-axis had somehow homed itself at -2. so i fix that. went to make my template and noting. I did cut it to cut paper but but at crazy settings. The engraving is barely noticeable with full power and slow speeds. Its kept in the house and not use that much. It worked fine yesterday, aggghhh. any thoughts?

thanks,

Richard Rumancik
05-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Well, the first thing you need to determine is whether the laser is outputing at the source. If your optics have gone bad or out of alignment you could be just getting a piece of the beam entering the lens. Trace backwards from the carriage - are you getting a proper burn just before the carriage in test mode? Go back one mirror at a time.

Or else go straight to the tube and do a test burn there and work the other way to see if one optic is bad/loose/misaligned. (Basically do a full beam alignment.)

Can you see the red beam properly on the table? Does it seem centered on the final lens?