PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Quality Test

Mark Sipes
04-01-2005, 7:40 PM
I know in the sublimation world there are several photos that have been used as a standard to compare the quality of inks used and to establish a set of Time/Temperature Charts for your individual setup.

Is there, or should there be one for lasers? I would like to run several tests on "Marble" but am looking for a standard image that might be a "test" of the ability of the laser and material to produce the best quality image. I know there are several variables: speed, dpi, ppi, power... But for a good comparison of the materials is there an image that is agreed upon as "The Test"

Does anyone have an image that they use to proof material to establish the setting for their machine?

Eager to hear your responses......

Mark

Rodne Gold
04-02-2005, 7:03 AM
When I get back to work on Monday , I will post and generate files we use to test. Gradients , various grids and geometric patterns etc and will put notes with them as to what to look for and why they are good test files.
Regards

Bill Stein
04-26-2005, 9:09 PM
Rodne,

I sure would appreciate your posting the test files that you use. If you have already posted them, maybe you can tell me where to find them.

I would also be interested in seeing what others use as "test patterns" for doing photos.

Ed Maloney
01-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Did these test patterns (or something similar) ever get posted somewhere?

Karin Voorhis
01-23-2007, 10:12 AM
I too would love to see these.

Rodne Gold
01-23-2007, 12:39 PM
I will post em tommorrow , I dont think I posted em before.

Abdul Baseer Hai
01-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Karin
Dont worry.
For six months after i got my laser, I made no money. Just played around.
At least it was fun.
Now i make money and have totally forgotton those difficult days.
Just keep at it and dont give up.

abdul

Luke Phillips
01-23-2007, 7:51 PM
I have several quality guides available for wood, marble, granite, glass - if your interested send me a PM with your email address included - these are Photoshop files and too large to post on the forum.
Cheers!

Ed Maloney
02-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Rodne - Did you ever post your test patterns somewhere?

Micheal Donnellan
11-22-2007, 9:55 PM
I know its a old post but were the patterns ever posted?