PDA

View Full Version : Laguna LT SUV bandsaw

Joe Cowan
05-19-2012, 11:06 AM
I just received this bandsaw. Their owners manual mentioned how folks do not use the correct bandsaw blade for the specific job out of hating to change blades. They say you can change blades on their saws in a few minutes. Just wondering if owners of this saw agree. I have a Delta that I was going to keep with a narrow blade for curves and leave a resaw blade on the Laguna. Any thoughts?

Andrew Hughes
05-19-2012, 1:09 PM
I agree using the correct blade for the wood and thickness.I dont agree with the time it takes to change blades.But then i can be fussy when changing i like to clean up dust and guides. I forgot to say thats a nice bandsaw Joe.I have seen them at rockler.Wish i had one. Andrew

David Kumm
05-19-2012, 1:14 PM
If you have the room, keep both. While not difficult, it is nice to leave the guides and everything else set up. Dave with four bandsaws so biased.

Dan Friedrichs
05-19-2012, 1:44 PM
Once you get used to setting the guides, you could probably change a blade in <5 minutes. Personally, I'd keep both, though - I can barely stand to spend 30 seconds changing the table saw blade.

Van Huskey
05-19-2012, 4:03 PM
There are some saws that take a while to change blades, some have poorly thought out "routes" through the table/fence rails etc and when you get past about 12' of blade length you spend some time just dealing with opening up the blade and storing the removed one. The Laguna is a fairly easy change BUT if you have the room and don't need the resell money keeping at least 2 bandsaws will save a little time and IMHO the way to go.

Joe Cowan
05-19-2012, 5:12 PM
I was planning on keeping the Delta and now probably will now.

Van Huskey
05-19-2012, 5:26 PM
If you do much tight scrolling type cutting you may want to look into the Carter Stabilizer for the Delta they are GREAT.

Alan Lightstone
05-19-2012, 7:11 PM
...BUT if you have the room and don't need the resell money keeping at least 2 bandsaws will save a little time and IMHO the way to go.
And two begats three. Three begats four. And soon enough, we start calling you the bandsaw king. :)

It takes a few minutes to change the blade on the Laguna. Frankly, I find the most annoying part putting back on the center insert. And adjusting the lower guides is a little annoying too. Not terribly time consuming, though.