PDA

View Full Version : DHL laser from China to US?

Eric Luther
05-18-2012, 9:39 PM
Ok so I got a quote for 1275 to ship by sea a shenhui g350 and cw5000 cooler. Pascal said it comes in separate boxes and cannot be combined.
For 1600 he said I can have it sent DHL door to door for 1680 and have it in 6 days!

Has anyone else used dhl??

im considering it just because I can be making money with it to make up for the extra shipping.

Also he said there are no import taxes etc, is this true? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Eric

Khalid Nazim
05-18-2012, 9:56 PM
You should spend the extra amount to upgrade your machine unless you have business requirement to get the machine ASAP.

Steven Cox
05-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Also he said there are no import taxes etc, is this true? Does anyone know?

What he probably meant was that the cost dosn't include the imports taxes, and that can vary from country to country, so you should check that out before committing to the order to avoid any nasty surprizes when it lands. In Australia we have a threshold upto $1000 over that we have to pay 10% G.S.T and 10% Import Duty + Custom Fees where applicable.

Regerds Steve.

Eric Luther
05-19-2012, 1:00 PM
What he probably meant was that the cost dosn't include the imports taxes, and that can vary from country to country, so you should check that out before committing to the order to avoid any nasty surprizes when it lands. In Australia we have a threshold upto $1000 over that we have to pay 10% G.S.T and 10% Import Duty + Custom Fees where applicable.

Regerds Steve.

They said they would mark the value low so I wouldnt have to pay that. I'm just curious if there may be any other nasty fees waiting in the wings lol

Rodne Gold
05-19-2012, 2:34 PM
DO NOT underdeclare the value of the goods , the surprise can be VERY NASTY indeed ..
You can face stiff penalties and confiscation.. Your invoice MUST be 100% .. dont mess around for a few bucks - just do it the right way.

Bill Cunningham
05-19-2012, 4:54 PM
YUP!!! Rodney is RIGHT.. The folks at customs are not as dumb as some of them look..Yours will not be the first one they have seen, and if it looks under valued, it just means they will revalue it while it being detained in storage (at your expense), and you may not get it for a long time, if at all.. They can always confiscate it if your caught lying about the true value..

George Carlson
05-19-2012, 5:50 PM
I always question doing business with companies willing to fudge the paperwork. It is not their problem if customs seizes your goods, you already paid them. The item will need to have the proper HS code. The code will trigger the need for FDA import approval. You might sneek it by, but I certainly would not try it.

John Noell
05-19-2012, 11:12 PM
They said they would mark the value low so I wouldnt have to pay that. If you let them do that you gotta hope nobody connected to Customs ever sees this forum. :)

Steven Cox
05-20-2012, 11:53 PM
YUP!!! Rodney is RIGHT.. The folks at customs are not as dumb as some of them look..

Some of them ??? LOL. Yep and rub them up the wrong way and they'll make your life miserable!.

Rodne Gold
05-21-2012, 1:59 AM
Just about ALL the chinese manufacturers of ANYTHING will give you a fake invoice if you want to underdeclare.....they allready got paid etc , so it's no skin off their nose and they are very eager to please a customer....
I import a lot of stuff , occasionally have to import samples and free spares or replacement parts under warrantee or the like , my suppliers used to put "spares/sample ..no commercial value" on the parcels leading to huge customs delays , now we put a nominal value on the stuff and I pay the Duties and vat..

walter hofmann
05-21-2012, 5:03 AM
Hi there
I have used DHL for delivery and if I see it right you are in SC USA , there is usually not customs fee due to the trade agreement what we have with china not like the pure guys in down under and other countries.
greetings
walt

matthew knott
05-21-2012, 11:35 AM
We import from China, and had to instruct them to send it with the correct value invoice as they automatically under value it. It means our paperwork dosent tie up and its a pain. The other BIG problem with this if it get damages in shipping, DHL will only pay either what they think its worth OR the invoice value (always the lower one). We normally get a phone call from DHL to pay our duty and VAT on the day the item arrives, about a week before we get the invoice from them, so have no clue what we owe. Be very wary of undervaluing, ok for ebay crap but not a $7k laser!

Eric Luther
05-21-2012, 3:41 PM
all great advice, thank you, I will tell them not to undervalue it

I think I am going to use DHL though

George Carlson
05-22-2012, 9:18 AM
The import duty is about 3%. I don't think DHL will help you get around the FDA. Be sure to get an FDA Accession number for your machine before you close the deal. If your machine was not FDA approved, you will not be able to import it. The FDA service charge is $35.

Eric Luther
05-22-2012, 9:27 AM
The import duty is about 3%. I don't think DHL will help you get around the FDA. Be sure to get an FDA Accession number for your machine before you close the deal. If your machine was not FDA approved, you will not be able to import it. The FDA service charge is $35.

GREAT TO KNOW!, thank you George I will ask them about the number