PDA

View Full Version : I just discovered a Notifications box......

Jamie Donaldson
05-18-2012, 4:43 PM
...on the SMC header, and there were many questions asked of me that I didn't know about or answer! Sorry for my lack of curiosity, and I will endeavor to pay better attention in the future.:confused:

John Keeton
05-18-2012, 5:34 PM
Jamie, you can change your profile settings to get a popup notification that you have a PM. It will come up with a new message dialog box when you log on or change pages.

David DeCristoforo
05-18-2012, 8:05 PM
It's times like this that make me not feel so bad... Thanx for that!

Tom Winship
05-18-2012, 8:18 PM
+1 DD. Somebody told me the other day they had a fool proof cure for ticks. Told them I liked ticks, because they helped me remember where I had been.

Allan Ferguson
05-18-2012, 8:26 PM
I like that tick thing. Not likely to forget where you picked up some of those lovely critters.

Rick Markham
05-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, ticks are no bueno! But so is wandering through a field full of waist high grass (and chiggers :eek:)... I'll never forget where that field was! Oh the memories of growing up in Kansas in the summertime...:D

Van Huskey
05-19-2012, 5:24 PM
The word ticks always reminds me of a guy in my platoon that when I was stationed at Fort Bragg, the pine barrens around there are covered with chiggers and poison ivy and we always had issues after being in the field. This guys "mid section" was a MAGNET for ticks, they were tiny little suckers, never seen ones like them anywhere else. He always spent forever in the shower getting them all off, though nobody would help him... We never did understand why he attracted them and no one else seemed to every get one. He garnered a nick-name that I can't share here.

Ticks are one of my least favorite critters.

Kevin W Johnson
05-19-2012, 10:20 PM
There's two things that I think the defaults need to change on. First is forum display mode should default to linear, and second is PM notification, either by pop-up or email. My vote would be pop-up.