PDA

View Full Version : Graco HVLP 9.5 FinishPro

mreza Salav
05-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Looking to get a HVLP turbine system (had narrowed it down to a Fuji MM4 or Apollo 1035 system)
when a used Graco HVLP 9.5 (5-stage turbine) in good condition showed up locally.

How does this compare to the other two mentioned above? I understand it is the top model of Graco HVLP
turbine systems. I'm just getting into spraying and will mostly use it to spray stains/lacquer for furniture
and cabinets.

TIA

Scott Holmes
05-16-2012, 6:53 PM
I can't really comment on the Graco 9.5 HVLP system but I have their high end Air-Assisted Airless (HVLP soft spray, at production speed). It's a great setup. Graco makes some quality equipment. HVLP < .2 gallons/min. A-A Airless .6 gallons/min The big box stores sell their "home owner" twice per year usage equipment.

mreza Salav
05-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks.
I was hoping to hear from more people on this. I thought there should be at least a few people who own this unit...

Jeff Monson
05-17-2012, 1:55 PM
I own the 9.0 Graco, its a 4 stage. I have owned mine for a little over 2 years now. Its fantastic, they had a promo going when I bought mine, purchase the system and get a free gun. I paid if I remember correctly around $900.00, I would do it again in a heartbeat. The gun is very easy to set, I have sprayed shellac, varnish, laquer and this past winter I sprayed latex paint on some kitchen cabinets. The extra gun came in really nice for this project! I cant say enough good about the finish pro system. I have 3 tip sets besides the one it came with. I also purchased a couple extra cups, I damaged one when I dropped the gun. They are only 19.00 for a replacment. I know the Fuji system comes highly recemmonded also, that was a major contender when I bought my system. The deciding factor for me was having a local Sherwin Williams store that sold the product and the extra gun was a really nice freebie. Any questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

mreza Salav
05-17-2012, 3:40 PM
Thanks Jeff. Good to hear that. I guess if I can get the 9.5 Graco (lightly used, only one tip used) for $700 it should be a good deal then.