PDA

View Full Version : Gloat!!

Ricc Havens
05-15-2012, 8:01 PM
On vacation and was able to schedule a day lesson with Bill Grumbine. Being a novice turner that's a gloat for me!!! Great guy, great and patient teacher. His wife is great and even made lunch. Found out Bill and I have some common interests too - religion, turning and cigars!!!

first teacher I ever had packing a gun on his hip so if you don't listen then watch out :):). Actually guns are his real hobby.

Now if I wil just be able to remember a fraction of what was taught by the time I get back home next week!

Ricc

Bernie Weishapl
05-15-2012, 9:26 PM
That is a gloat for sure. I met Bill and he is just a great and funny guy.

Thomas Canfield
05-15-2012, 9:38 PM
I really enjoyed Bill's DVD when starting and can only imagine what it would be like to have him doing it live. Quite a gloat. I did not see him packing in the DVD.

John Keeton
05-16-2012, 5:34 AM
Congrats, Ricc - that had to be a cool experience! I recall several folks posting about spending a day with Bill, and I can only imagine it would vastly improve one's approach to turning.

Steve Schlumpf
05-16-2012, 2:56 PM
That's quite a gloat Ricc! Congrats - I am sure you learned a lot and had a lot of fun in the process! I have yet to meet Bill but I look forward to it one day!

Lee Koepke
05-16-2012, 3:11 PM
That is on my "to-do" list... Congrats.

Michael E. Thompson
05-16-2012, 3:47 PM
Glad you had a good time. Would like to take a class with him someday, seems like an easy going guy.

Doug W Swanson
05-17-2012, 10:15 AM
I did a hands-on session with Bill a few years ago. He's a great guy and an even better teacher. Definitely worth it!

Sounds like you had a good time, too!

George Morris
05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Glad you had a good time! Did you get in any shooting? Bill is a great guy and a very good teacher. He is not a bad shot also!

Ricc Havens
05-18-2012, 7:49 AM
Didnt get into any shooting as I am legally blind and Bill didn't want anymore holes in the outhouse!

Mike Cruz
05-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Congrats, Ricc! I plan on meeting up with him next month. I've heard only great things about him. Love his DVD, too!