PDA

View Full Version : Smell of smoke.

Rick Fisher
05-15-2012, 2:30 AM
3 times since the weekend, I have been out in the shop and smelled what seemed like plastic burning.. Not an exact description.. but kinda like that ..

Anyone who has imagined that smell.. or any smoke smell probably understand the anxiety that pulses through the veins ..

Tonight, as I was searching the shop, looking for an electrical short or a hot wire, it occurred to me that I was running the sander each time its happened.. So I did a thorough inspection .. looking for a problem.. nothing ..

Finally I called my wife.. asked if she smelled anything.. She said " not smoke, but it smells weird out here" .. She picks up a piece of Afromosia which had just exited the sander and said " Its this wood " ..

I was wondering if anyone had ever noticed it before. It was quite calming to realize that hot Afromosia smells like an electrical fire to a paranoid person ( to anyone else its just a weird smell ) ..

ray hampton
05-15-2012, 1:54 PM
you are a lucky man that you got a nosy wife[ consider this post a good comment===

Myk Rian
05-15-2012, 2:23 PM
you are a lucky man that you got a nosy wife===
Or not. He asked her to the shop for help.

ray hampton
05-15-2012, 3:21 PM
Or not. He asked her to the shop for help.

Miyk, my post was for the op and his wife not for you to misunderstand what I saith

Rick Fisher
05-15-2012, 5:04 PM
I'm sure I am not the first person to smell something funny and have their blood pressure increase rapidly.. lol

J.R. Rutter
05-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I smelled hot fire smell at the shop last week, but wrote it off as the caterer next door because it was stronger outside. 10 minutes later, I went back out to get the mail and there was a fully engulfed motor home on fire about 200 yards away! Anyway, as a paranoid shop owner, yes, I always investigate those smells, too!