PDA

View Full Version : Timber Products Procore2 A1 Walnut Plywood

Andrew Nemeth
05-14-2012, 9:32 PM
I'm looking build a set of kitchen cabinets with full overlay slab doors. This will be a budget minded project in a mid-century modern home that will most likely become a rental in a few years when our family grows out of it. I already have to boxes and hardware speced but am looking for a supplier of walnut plywood so I can fabricate the doors and drawer fronts. I am not generally a fan of BORG plywood but I ran across a few positive comments about menards plywood and decided to take a look. They currently have Timber Products Procore2 A1 Walnut plywood on sale for around $100/sheet. It boasts a "thick face" veneer of 1/32". Unfortunatly, it's special order only so I won't get to inspect the goods before committing to it. Anybody have experience with this product? Does it look like something you would try? Any other comments or supplier recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Troy Turner
05-14-2012, 9:55 PM
Andrew - I can't help you out with the ply other than something that expensive and I can't look at it would have me 2nd guessing myself.
www.woodfinder.com yielded a few results within about 70 miles of your location. May be worth checking out.

George wilmore
05-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Try Frank Paxton lumber in Cincy. I used them when I taught woodworking. They are close so you could see it before buying.

Jamie Buxton
05-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Boy, I would not buy plywood from HomeDepot/Lowes/Menards without examining it beforehand. They occasionally have quality stuff, but often have lower-quality stuff. I'd drive farther to go to a hardwood dealer, whose livelyhood rests on providing good materials.