PDA

View Full Version : I Found a website you might find useful

Larry Browning
05-14-2012, 6:25 PM
I have absolutely no affiliation to this site.
It is called gethuman.com It is dedicated to publishing the phone numbers of various companies and how to get to talk to an actual human. I just read about it and though it looked very useful and thought I would share it with everyone here. I can think of many times when I could have used this. I just don't need it today, but I am bookmarking it.

Chris Padilla
05-16-2012, 4:27 PM
Once upon a time, you just had to mash the phone keypad with your palm or lean on the 0 button and it would scramble the system and direct you to a human. I'm finding that the auto-answer/press-1-for systems are now more sophisticated and simply ignore such antics. :(

Matt Meiser
05-16-2012, 4:35 PM
And some will just hang up on you!

Brian Tymchak
05-17-2012, 8:53 AM
I still find about half the IVRs will still accept 00 to get to a service rep.

Dave Lehnert
05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
What works for me most times is not press any buttons when asked. (press 1 for service, 2 for parts dept etc....) after 3 or 4 request ,without action on my part, gets me a live person.

Larry Browning
05-17-2012, 1:35 PM
For me the biggest challenge to find the phone number in the first place. I don't know if it is still this way, but it used to be pretty much impossible to find the phone number for Amazon. This is really a pretty cool site. Not only does it give you the best phone number to call, it also has ratings for how effective others have been in dealing with the company. It just seems like a pretty good starting point for dealing with customer service.

David Weaver
05-17-2012, 3:50 PM
There was a point, not that long ago, where it became almost impossible on some sites to find a phone number at all. I think when business was better, a lot of businesses were deciding that they'd ditch a lot of person to person CS operations entirely and just deal with folks who would tolerate digital.

That seems to be changing, which to me is for the better. You might not always be able to get good information out of a person, especially if they're employed by a general call center in another country and can't understand your questions, but it's better than reading an FAQ page that doesn't answer your question over and over.