View Full Version : Thanks for all the replies on the applying of WTF

Wally Wenzel
05-14-2012, 4:17 PM
It appears there is no wrong way to do it
Thanks Wally

Eric Gourieux
05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Wally,
im no expert on WTF, but does apply very easily and is forgiving. Dry sanding is easy and the finish is as good as it gets.

Bernie Weishapl
05-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Wally that Norfolk Island Pine I just did had the first 5 coats put on with a piece of t-shirt and the last 7 coats were with a airbrush. That will give you some idea of how I did it.

Rick Markham
05-15-2012, 4:12 AM
Bernie, I had a heck of a time when I tried spraying the WTF with my airbrush (an Iwata Eclipse) do you remember what PSI you sprayed your's with?

I missed the other thread, I've applied it to two pieces so far, both with just plain white cotton tshirt material.

Dale Bright
05-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Bernie, I had a heck of a time when I tried spraying the WTF with my airbrush (an Iwata Eclipse) do you remember what PSI you sprayed your's with?

I missed the other thread, I've applied it to two pieces so far, both with just plain white cotton tshirt material.

Rick, I airbrushed WTF onto a bowl today and I am using 30 PSI on my cheap Harbor Freight airbrush.

Dale

daniel lane
05-16-2012, 2:00 AM
EDIT: A little Google searching and I figured it out. For about 5 minutes, there, I was highly amused by this forum! :D

Forgive me gentlemen - could someone elaborate on the acronym? My knowledge says it means something much more amusing than I think you guys intended, but I'm still curious. :)

Thanks,

daniel

Rick Markham
05-16-2012, 4:38 AM
WTF=Woodturners Finish from General finishes. Yes the complaint line at the acronym department has been ringing off the hook! :D