PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
05-14-2012, 10:17 AM
14 May 2012

Good Morning Everyone,
Nothing to report from me except that I came off oncall duty this morning at 8 AM and I'm exhausted. Work across the entire weekend and it was painful to say the least.

That's it from me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!!

Shawn Pixley
05-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Walked puppies and put in some shop time. Cleaned shop early (3:00 PM) so cars can be parked, then took LOML to a movie.

Matt Meiser
05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Nothing here either. Last week I was out of the office at a local customer's site which meant longer days. Plus we sold our camper last week so I spent my free time one evening dealing with the paperwork, pickup, and "training" on that. Took Friday off, fired off a round of emails to the phone company management about yet another outage on one of our lines, mowed the lawn, and finished up just in time for family to show up. Spent all weekend with family.

Glen Blanchard
05-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Spent Saturday morning watching my older daughter graduate with a Bachelors in nursing. She is hoping to enter the Air Force, although apparently there are more applicants than there are positions, making the process fairly competitive.

Andrew Pitonyak
05-14-2012, 11:34 AM
I am working on a free standing wine rack (bought the wood over a year ago, but only really starting now) for a friend.

I had more woodworking time than I expected this weekend. I managed to dimension some cherry to 1" thick. Would be easier if I actually owned a jointer. I dropped in a 2 1/4" forester bit, I found out that my benchtop drill press lacked the power to drill through the cherry. Well, id managed it, but the motor kept stalling even with very light pressure, especially after I made it most of the way through (so that there was more likely to be friction between the walls and the bit, and the bit started to cut through the bottom).

Need to start saving my pennies (or sell some unused stuff) to pay for a decent drill press and dump the very small drill press that I do have. Thinking about a Delta 18-900L. So, I guess that I could say that I also managed to find time to read-up on drill presses a bit.

Oh, and I also finally managed to try out carbide tipped plane blades for my Dewalt 735 planer. They seem to work pretty well so far, but they are thicker than the stock blades, so you cannot use the metal stiffners that you usually use to hold the blades in place.

David Hostetler
05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Spent some quality time on a 10' fiberglass ladder with some wallboard tape, mud, and water. Spent plenty of time helping LOML working on Laundry and general house cleanup. She is getting used to working outside of the house again, and we are both falling behind in domestic issues... Played catch up all weekend...

Went to HF and took advantage of the 20% off coupon for a 1.5HP motor for my drum sander project. Still need the pulleys. I was planning on turning a pulley, but after several failed tests. I am opting for a balanced cast iron pulley set from Grizzly... Got started on the 2x4 cleanup so that my sander frame stock will be ready to be worked.

Went to Sams to get the dog a new bed. His old one was getting thread bare, and stuffing was oozing out... The thing was nasty and lumpy enough the Dog kept trying to sleep on the sofa... Sams had a nice Perfect Sleeper dog bed for cheap. No more dog on the couch!

Spent a little bit of time priming the closet shelves I have been piddling with... Need to knock them down smooth with my sanding block then start rolling some gloss white onto them. Not in a huge hurry, but I want these things SEALED UP TIGHT so I don't have to worry about gunk getting into the pores of the wood again...

Jointed, planed, and glued up the blanks I am going to use for my turned ends / caps for the PVC drum on my drum sander. I figure 2 end caps, and 2 inner support caps should keep it all spinning happy....

I sure wish Grizzly would take the Harbor Freight 20% off coupon. I want their oversize forstner bit set to finish up my Forstner collection. Specificially the G1831. Right now I need that 3" forstner bit and I can't find anyone locally that carries them!

Montgomery Scott
05-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Kayaked the ocean around the San Juan islands on Saturday. Went hiking 8 miles with the dogs in the central Cascade mountains on Sunday. Still 6' of snow at the parking lot, more in the higher elevations. Still too early to summit most of the peaks. Went to mother's day dinner Sunday evening.