PDA

View Full Version : General Wood Turner's Finish North of the 49th

Doug Fries
05-13-2012, 9:29 AM
With all of the talk & rave reviews about this product over the last few months, I thought I would see if I could get my hands on a quart & give it a try, but I haven't had any luck finding it anywhere around here. I found it on amazon, but they wouldn't ship the product to Canada. (Sigh).

I just wondered if there are any fellow Canadians out there that have found a source north of the border as I would really like to try it out.

Peter Blair
05-13-2012, 11:03 AM
HI Doug. I too was interested in WTF and live in southern BC. I contacted General Finishes and was told that at that time that labelling was the issue for them to sell in Canada but they were working on it. I was told by them that they would be happy to ship it directly to me.
Because I live so close to the US Border at Point Roberts I simply had mine sent to TSB in Point Roberts.Where I pick it up in person. The Customs people didn't have any problem with my importing a small quantity.

Steve Kubien
05-13-2012, 6:56 PM
Www.woodcuckers.com. Call John. He has it.

Doug Fries
05-14-2012, 8:00 AM
Thank you for the help, Much appreciated.

Peter Blair
05-14-2012, 9:02 AM
Hey Doug. One more thing. When I contacted General Finishes I was told that they were "in the process" of getting relabelled so they could sell through Lee Valley.
Not sure how long that process will be.

John Spitters
05-14-2012, 3:42 PM
Now available through Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=69567&cat=51&ap=1

Peter Blair
05-14-2012, 6:56 PM
Thanks John, I wonder why they are only stocking the small bottle? Still way cheaper to bring in from the US myself, but not so convenient!