PDA

View Full Version : Chisel score!

John Miliunas
03-31-2005, 6:44 PM
Where is this all going to end?:confused: :eek: First, I started spending my electron-burning $$ on those cordless planes. Now, I went and liquidated some of my unused WW articles to buy a couple more planes and end up spending some of THAT $$ on some chisels!:o Ahhh, but what chisels they are, indeed! By a great streak of luck, I came upon a full 5-piece set of LN's, complete with leather wrap and s/h for less $$ than just 4 of the chisels alone!:D Only one of the five has been honed and looks like the other four have not been touched to wood! Yeah, I'm kind of a happy camper right now!:) Thanks for taking a peak!:cool:

Jim Becker
03-31-2005, 7:18 PM
Geepers, when I saw the thread title, I was worried that Tom was up to his shenanagans again!, But NO! It's Mr. Milunas! Nice haul...I fondled Robert Tarr's LN chisels awhile back and they are mighty fine tools. Getting them at a slight "discount" is wonderful!

John Weber
03-31-2005, 8:03 PM
Man, you dog, don't I get a finders fee? Congrats on a very nice set! Now it's even worse as you have yours and mine are still on back order.

Take Care Buddy - John

John Miliunas
03-31-2005, 8:23 PM
Man, you dog, don't I get a finders fee? Congrats on a very nice set! Now it's even worse as you have yours and mine are still on back order.

Take Care Buddy - John

Awwwww...Gee wizz, John! I'd give you a tip, but it's too late; You're already married!:D :) Thanks dude, you were indeed instrumental in this fantastic find and boy, am I ever glad you already had yours on order!:D :cool:

Mark Singer
03-31-2005, 8:40 PM
John,

Your getting all the nice stuff! That is a great set....I been using them and really like them...let me know what you think....Beautiul!

Roy Wall
03-31-2005, 11:37 PM
John,

The force is toooooooooo strongggggggggggggg;) ;)

Let go, let go..... (I guess you have:D )

Anyway - great, great price on those very nice chisels....

Send me the next good deal- you too John Weber:D :D !!

Jeff Sudmeier
04-01-2005, 8:26 AM
John, those sure do look great! I am sure you will use them for years.

Bob Marino
04-01-2005, 9:33 AM
John,

Nice score :D ;) :D

Bob

James Carmichael
04-01-2005, 2:20 PM
Nice score, John.

I'm gettin worried all the time you're spending in this forum, or do you have an evil twin?

John Miliunas
04-01-2005, 2:50 PM
Nice score, John.

I'm gettin worried all the time you're spending in this forum, or do you have an evil twin?

"Don't worry, be happy!":D This is getting awful expensive, but it IS a lot of fun!:) :cool:

James Carmichael
04-01-2005, 3:27 PM
"Don't worry, be happy!":D This is getting awful expensive, but it IS a lot of fun!:) :cool:

Oh yes, it is expensive and fun! I've seen it argued by rabid neanders that hand-tools are "less-expensive", what a load of manure! Since starting WW about 2-years ago, I have purchased: A 14" bandsaw, 13" planer, 6" jointer, 12" CMS, 2 routers, a 4-piece 18v cordless tool set, and a bench grinder (I should add that except for the BS, planer, and jointer, which are all Ridgid, all of these PTs are industrial-quality, DeWalt, Makita, and PC). But I guarantee I have spent more on hand tools, and none of mine come close to LN-class.

LOML is not convinced that I am saving money buying used tools. I told her I could really save if she would buy me a $300 lathe so I can turn handles for my $3.00 flea-market tools :D

John Miliunas
04-01-2005, 4:59 PM
LOML is not convinced that I am saving money buying used tools. I told her I could really save if she would buy me a $300 lathe so I can turn handles for my $3.00 flea-market tools :D

Well, you probably wouldn't save any money that way, but I like the way you think!:D :cool: