PDA

View Full Version : Look what followed me home!

Maurice Ungaro
05-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I was in Pittsboro on Wednesday, and came home with a couple of "new to me" toys...er...umm...tools. The shop above Roy's studio, run by Ed Lebetkin, is a wondrous and dangerous place for Neanders. Filled in some gaps in the hand plane stable with a LV 4 1/2 and a flat top Bedrock 606C. Haven't played with the 606C yet, but the 4 1/2 made some lovely fluffy curls from a piece of mahogany. The mahogany had a nasty strip of reversing grain, and the 4 1/2 fairly well took care of most of it. I'm quite please, so far!

Paul Incognito
05-11-2012, 5:45 PM
Nice!
Ed's store is nice, there's a day's worth of browsing for sure. A couple of nice tools followed me home from there as well.
Paul

Ryan Baker
05-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Aarrruughh! Another reason I need to get back to Pittsboro! I have relatives in Cary ... I think it is time I visited them again. :)

Scott T Smith
05-12-2012, 3:04 PM
Maurice, you suck.......

<grin>! Nice score!!!

Maurice Ungaro
05-12-2012, 3:58 PM
Maurice, you suck.......

<grin>! Nice score!!!

It's all about timing, buddy!

Bill White
05-12-2012, 3:59 PM
Can I have the old nasty Bedrock? That's a crappy plane, and will take you FOREVER to get it right. Let me send you my address (sure-right, 'cause that ain't gonna happen.)
Well done sir!!
Bill

Maurice Ungaro
05-12-2012, 4:30 PM
Can I have the old nasty Bedrock? That's a crappy plane, and will take you FOREVER to get it right. Let me send you my address (sure-right, 'cause that ain't gonna happen.)
Well done sir!!
Bill
Bill, let me get frustrated with it first, and then I'll ship it out to you.