PDA

View Full Version : Doing a Demo

Bill Grumbine
03-31-2005, 5:25 PM
Greetings all

I have been so busy with other things I keep forgetting to post this, and only think about it when I am back up in the shop again. So, while the glue is drying...

I am going to be at the Harrisburg PA Woodcraft tomorrow from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM doing a demo. I am not exactly sure what I am going to be doing yet, as I am allowed to do whatever I want. I guess I had better make up my mind soon, eh?

Anyway, if anyone here reading this is in the area, and you have the time and inclination, stop by and say hello. I will be the large handsome fellow with the well developed turning muscle standing by the lathe.

Bill

sascha gast
04-01-2005, 4:20 AM
hey bill i wish i could come, but it's a bit of a flight.
by the way, i got the turning bug bad, so i am selling my Nova DVR in a month or so(it's only 5 months old) and i am getting a Stubby lathe, the shipment will get here some time early may. i am putting my deposit down as we speak. i am getting the S750 so i can turn larger and heavier pieces.
maybe i can come one day and work with you for a day, stillhave that wedding in november in Philly.

take care

sascha

Raymond Overman
04-01-2005, 7:24 AM
Bill,

I would love to be able to come up but won't be able to make it. It's quite a haul from SC.

I was, however, able to watch your video night before last and really enjoyed it. There was a lot of information that reinforced some things that I already knew and a lot of information that gave me some ideas for improvement in my process. My wife, however, groaned at your jokes in a similar manner that she does mine. I wouldn't take that too hard though. Even though my jokes are bad, she still puts up with me.

I look forward to trying a couple of things when I get in front of my lathe. Thanks for putting the video together and good luck with the demo.

Ed Lang
04-01-2005, 8:23 AM
Any chance you will ever be in the Richmond, VA Woodcraft store or somewhere closer to Charlottesville, VA? I would sure love to see your demo!