PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully, no longer a hobby!!!!!!!!!

Bobby McCarley
05-10-2012, 4:33 PM
Last December I got a request from a local lumber company for 12 pens and boxes made from a variety of different woods, to be given to their board members. The boxes I made were the flip style and I had their logo engraved in them. They were delighted with the pens and the boxes and said they had something else in mind after the first of the year for me to consider. In March, they contacted me to make 100 pens from some of the wood from the Louisiana State Champion LobLolly Pine tree that had to be cut down. The tree was on their timber property. They wanted the company name engraved on the pens which was a challenge. Pine is not an easy wood to engrave. I delivered the pens today and again, they were very pleased with them. Hopefully, this will lead to some other orders.

I have included some pictures of the boxes from the first order, I can't locate pictures of the pens, and pictures of the order I delivered today.

Steve Schlumpf
05-10-2012, 4:37 PM
Excellent work Bobby! I can see why your product is in demand! Hope this leads to many more commissions! Seriously - very nice work!

Kevin Lucas
05-10-2012, 4:44 PM
Those are some nice looking pens. The boxes are a really cool design too )

Steve Vaughan
05-10-2012, 5:00 PM
That's great! Not a pen person myself, but those look great and as you say, just might lead to lots of other business to boot! Congrats!

Greg Just
05-10-2012, 5:01 PM
Nice job. 100 pens is a great order plus a lot of work!

Roger Chandler
05-10-2012, 7:10 PM
Fantastic work Bobby, and I am sure a lot of hours and effort as well. Hope this leads to greater things for your future!

John Keeton
05-10-2012, 7:34 PM
Bobby, that is some very nice work, and a great start to what promises to be some chain reaction referrals!!

Keith Outten
05-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Way to go Bobby,

Nice pens and an increasing workload is a good thing these days.

Baxter Smith
05-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Great looking boxes! Congrats on the sales and good luck on the next ones!

Bernie Weishapl
05-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Really nice looking pens and boxes. Good luck on your sales.