PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit - Allan Ferguson!

John Keeton
05-10-2012, 7:35 AM
Last Sunday, Allan Ferguson and his lovely wife, Susan, stopped by for a visit and shop tour. They were en route back to Washington state after visiting family in Ohio. Allan brought with him some beautiful walnut from a root ball, and I sent him on his way with some pickings from the stash here on the hill.

I wanted to wait a few days to post this in order for Allan to get a bit closer to being home in the event he wanted to post in the thread. It is a long haul from KY to Washington state by car!!

Allan, I enjoyed our visit, and hope you guys had a safe and enjoyable trip back home.

Bernie Weishapl
05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a great visit John. I know Mary Ann and I enjoyed our visit there.

Allan Ferguson
05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I really enjoyed getting to meet you. Our trip went well. Got a call while traveling west that we Now have a grand daughter, the first and probably only one.

Thank you very much John and I will get turning on that wood when things settle out a bit. Allan.

Steve Busey
05-10-2012, 11:33 AM
John's a gracious host, and with perhaps the most scenically located shop in all of Creeker-dom! Great to hear of another visit.

Roger Chandler
05-10-2012, 12:16 PM
John might have to open the Keeton Motel up the road just a bit, if all the creekers plan on a visit at one time or another....either that or Eileen may hire his services as an attorney for their divorce........:D

No, really Eileen sounds like such a great hostess and the Keetons have already demonstrated many times over what nice and hospitable folks they are.........

Great visit it sounds like............I like what Bernie says........."creeker visits are the best!"

John Keeton
05-10-2012, 1:08 PM
Unfortunately, Eileen's mother (90 yrs. old) had fallen. She ended up dealing with that situation, including getting her mother to the hospital early in the afternoon and was not able to be there when Allan and Susan showed up. I make a horrible host - don't cook, and it it isn't wood, I can't do much with it. I was able, however, to get Susan a glass of water!:o

Baxter Smith
05-10-2012, 1:15 PM
Congrats on the visit! Sounds like a good time even with the limited refreshments!

Steve Schlumpf
05-10-2012, 4:28 PM
Great photo! Sounds like you guys had a good time - which is what I would expect! To bad they didn't get the chance to meet Eileen - she is a wonderful lady!

Steve Mawson
05-10-2012, 9:01 PM
Creeker visits are the best, special time.