PDA

View Full Version : Mini biscuit manufacturers

Bob Weisner
03-31-2005, 3:53 PM
Hi:

Does anyone know who else besides Ryobi makes or sells mini biscuits for the Ryobi mini biscuit jointer?

Thanks

Bob

Byron Trantham
03-31-2005, 5:10 PM
Hi:

Does anyone know who else besides Ryobi makes or sells mini biscuits for the Ryobi mini biscuit jointer?

Thanks

Bob

I buy mine from Sears on line.

Gary Herrmann
03-31-2005, 5:20 PM
Maybe the PC minis (FF) would work?

Earl Huggins
04-01-2005, 1:02 AM
Sears stores have them

John Renzetti
04-01-2005, 5:41 AM
I believe Lamello has this size biscuit. I like the Lamello biscuits since they are very uniform.
take care,
John

John M. Cioffi
04-01-2005, 6:52 AM
Bob,

The one thing i really love is my Ryobi mini buscuit joiner. This is really a great little workhorse. It runs true & does it's job. I am not a Ryobi fan, but don't fail to give this machine a try. You'll like it.
Hope this helps.
John

Charlie Plesums
04-01-2005, 9:44 AM
Maybe the PC minis (FF) would work?

The Face Frame biscuits (Porter Cable) that I use are substantially larger than the Mini Biscuits that my brother gets from Sears.

Scott Coffelt
04-01-2005, 9:47 AM
As far as I have been able to find, Sears is the only one who makes this size any more. They carry the tool as well. I made it a point to buy several jars of the various sizes as I do like this tool very much.

I agree that there are not many Ryobi tools that I care for, but this is one I do.

AJ Hamler
04-01-2005, 10:07 AM
I agree that this biscuit joiner is one great little workhorse. I have a full-size biscuiter as well, but use the Ryobi far more often. I make a lot of small things -- clocks, boxes, etc. -- and it's the perfect size for them. It's expecially nice for small face frames.

I also use it for edge-joining stock into larger worpieces (for alignment purposes, not for strengthening the joint).

Are you aware that Ryobi also makes a carbide-tipped cutter blade for this little machine?

A.J.

Bob Weisner
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I just checked out the price for the R1 biscuits from 2 different stores.

1. ACE HARDWARE $16.99 for the R1 . I think they are made by Wolfcraft.

2. Sears Hardware store: $6.49 for the same sized R1 biscuits in the same sized package.

I was suprised that the ACE HARDWARE store would be over $10.00 more for the same sized biscuits. :eek: :( Looks like even with the price of gas, it sometimes does not pay to shop local anymore.

Thanks,

Bob

Jim Kilburg
04-04-2005, 9:43 AM
Menards also carries the mini biscuits. I think they are Wolfcraft, and I think they were about $6.50

George Summers
04-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I just checked out the price for the R1 biscuits from 2 different stores.

1. ACE HARDWARE $16.99 for the R1 . I think they are made by Wolfcraft.

2. Sears Hardware store: $6.49 for the same sized R1 biscuits in the same sized package.

I was suprised that the ACE HARDWARE store would be over $10.00 more for the same sized biscuits. :eek: :( Looks like even with the price of gas, it sometimes does not pay to shop local anymore.

Thanks,

Bob

ACE Hardwares are generally locally owned. This being the case, some operate at full resale price, some don't. If you get to know the local owner, you will sometimes be able to match 'street price'. At my local ACE, power tools are full price no matter what, but almost all hardware items from fasteners to electrical to plumbing are less expensive than any I have seen at the Borgs. Ammo, fishing tackle, paint and stain are equal to or better than the Borgs or the big 'city' stores. Plus, I get very knowledgable advise from any of the gang working there.

George