PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to All on Sawmill Creek!!!

Eric Ucci
05-09-2012, 9:22 PM
Couldn't/ Wouldn't have done it without you!

So,
I've been lurking around this discussion group for several months now. From the input that I saw here, I ended up with 2 Shenhui machines. Two days ago, we finally got our 1st machine dialed in, leveled, bed aligned, laser aligned, and cutting great. I've been busy with lots of other stuff so it took a while. Changed out a few of the stock items of the machine. made a DIY air scrubber inspired by Dan's post. Wiring up the machines took some time. Finally, yesterday we started cutting out some projects. I'm still on the hunt for an economic opaque colored (tan) plastic (.0625" ish) for a marketing project. We've had great luck with 1/2" birch ply and 1/4" sand ply ($17/4x8 sheet - very must like 1/4" lauan but a thicker sanded veneer). Our first few projects are for a Cub Scout recruiting effort for our pack this weekend. i figure it should capture the attention/imagination of some new recruits.

See photos below:
A catapult & a rocket. A couple test projects found online...

Thanks again to all!

Eric Ucci

Shenhui SH-1490 150w reci
Shenhui SH-690 60w

Dee Gallo
05-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Nice work, Eric! I'm sure those scouts will LOVE both items. The big question is: can we knock over the rocket with our catapult?

Eric Ucci
05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Now you're thinkin' like a nine year old boy. I think I'll make a cardboard castle cut-out with varying sized window holes (smaller hole/more points) for the boys to take shots at. Its the elementary school's Carnival. I think we could make a fun game out of it. What do 9 year old boys need? somethin' to shoot at :)

Doane Buksar
05-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi Eric,

I love the simple catapult design with ammo and immediately thought of my six year old and his angry birds addiction. Rubber band powered? Are you able to share your source for the design?

Eric Ucci
05-11-2012, 3:52 PM
Doane,
We found this online. As a test of the machine we grabbed a few things off the internet just to get started. I don't have the rights to publish the file, but now we'll be making our own designs and I'll post and share some of them as we go.

Eric Ucci

Shenhui SH-1490 150w reci
Shenhui SH-690 60w

Eric Ucci
05-11-2012, 4:45 PM
And.... oh yeah
It is rubber band powered.

AL Ursich
05-11-2012, 9:21 PM
The Catapult reminds me of the Sony Six Sigma trainng.... LOL.... Shooting Ping Pong Balls down the passagway...