PDA

View Full Version : Mini Max Support ( followup)

William Addison
05-09-2012, 5:14 PM
Last week I started a post about the problems I was having with a MM16 blade oscillating front to rear about 3/16 of an inch. I got lots of suggestions for fixing it but it was all stuff I had already eliminated. Earlier I had called MM, talked to a non English speaker, whom as near as I could tell believed my wheels weren't round. I had already indicated them and they were. I called back and told the operator I would like to talk to an English speaker and was told none were available but that one would call, none has as of yet.

One of the people who responded to my post is a regular on the MM forum and he apparently forwarded the thread to Erik Loza, who apparently works for MM. Erik joined SMC to respond to me and suggested trying some stuff I had already said I had eliminated and said to email him and he'd send me contact info for Sam Blasco who could help me. Erik did not include his email address so I PM'd him and several days later he sent it. In the meantime I had already Googled Mr. Blasco, who is a very nice person but who seemed sort of puzzled by my problem, which was there when the saw was new. I told him my next step was to adjust the tilt on the lower wheel which MM had told me wouldn't work. It turned out to be a simple adjustment and worked, the oscillation is gone.

You may draw your own conclusions about MM tech support.

Jim Andrew
05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Glad to hear you got it straightened out. It's hard to work out problems over the phone and email.

Rick Fisher
05-11-2012, 5:49 AM
I remember the day I accepted that owning bigger woodworking machinery meant owning a set of sockets and wrenches.. lol

It is hard to explain a problem over the phone, and even worse when you have a unique problem or a problem with a new machine.

I think SCMI has improved in the past few years.

Erik Loza
05-11-2012, 10:40 AM
William, I am glad you got it resolved and that it was just a simple adjustment. That is pretty much always the case.

Best,

Erik Loza
Minimax USA