PDA

View Full Version : Posted this on OWWM, but just in case....

Jerome Hanby
05-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm looking for a cast iron dust chute to fit a Rockwell RC-33. Think that DC-33 and 22-460 all describe the same unit. Let me know if you can think of a possible source. I checked Ereplacement and Mikes Tools but had no luck.

Any help appreciated, thanks for reading!

Craig Gates
05-09-2012, 3:57 PM
Jerome,
I had the same problem.
You may get a response from owwm.org in their BOYD (Bring Out Your Dead) classified section, but I think that's a long shot.
I worked around it by modifying this:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/dust-chute-for-planer-p-203534.html
This requires you to cut down both sides to reduce the width to fit and fill in the resulting void to form a seal to your machine as well as modifying the fastening holes, BUT it works well as a work around.
Craig

Jerome Hanby
05-09-2012, 4:08 PM
I've got a dust chute, it's made from sheet metal. I just like the look of that cast iron original! Thanks for the source!

Bruce Wrenn
05-09-2012, 10:02 PM
If the original was cast, it was more than likely cast aluminum instead of cast iron. Cheaper to make and lighter to ship.

Jerome Hanby
05-11-2012, 8:08 PM
If the original was cast, it was more than likely cast aluminum instead of cast iron. Cheaper to make and lighter to ship.

I haven't seen one in the flesh, just pictures (including one I got beaten out of on the evil auction site), but it looked like cast iron...

David Nelson1
05-12-2012, 5:28 AM
It's Iron and very well cast and machined @ least the one on my old machine was.