PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui Shipping

Nick Foley
05-09-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm purchasing a SH-G570 laser from Shenhui and have all aspects settled but the shipping options.

Despite contacting several New York area brokers recommended to me by members of this forum, I'm getting neither service nor prices that I like. They are taking several days to respond in all communications, and stating $1200 - $1400 shipment cost - not including delivery to my door.

I know many people on this forum advocate for using your own shipping company and customs broker, but I'm curious about how many people have used Shenhui's shipping services, and what their experiences have been. (For example, I know that Shenhui lowballs the shipping cost - but they quoted me $400. If that doubled, or even tripled during shipment, they could still beat out the US shippers I've contacted)

Any experiences that aren't already on the forums would be appreciated. Thanks for all of your help so far!

Ross Moshinsky
05-09-2012, 12:48 PM
What are the brokers including? Shenhui only includes the actual fee to get it from China to your desired port. They don't cover customs, taxes, and all the other fees that come with shipping. If those brokers are just giving you a lump estimate to cover all of that, it's probably pretty accurate. From port to your house shouldn't be crazy expensive either. All things considered, it's a very easy shipment. Load a crate. Unload a crate. It's about as easy as you get in the shipping world.

Nick Foley
05-09-2012, 1:21 PM
They are including all costs in the quote, apart from delivery from to my apartment. (At my request, btw... because I know I'm going to have to do some disassembly in order to fit it through my door, and I'd rather do that in the back of my own truck rather than on the sidewalk after they've dropped it off.)

Good to know that those prices sound reasonable. From reading the forums extensively, I'd been seeing more like $800-$1000 for the shipment of machines larger than what I'm ordering.

Rich Harman
05-09-2012, 5:59 PM
I think the last machine I ordered was about $800 total for shipping etc.. That is to the west coast. I would expect it to be more when has to be trucked 3,000 miles across the country.

George M. Perzel
05-10-2012, 2:33 AM
Hi Guys;
Total for my machine to upstate NY was $2300-shipping, freight, and customs fees.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

George Carlson
05-10-2012, 9:12 AM
Customs fees can be quite variable. My Redsail M900 was in a container flagged for X-ray, then the crate was flagged for intense inspection. These two "services" added about another $500 to the import fees.

Nick Foley
05-10-2012, 4:32 PM
This all makes my quotes seem much more reasonable. I'm moving forward with a shipper, and hopefully the machine will be on the water soon. I'll update with total costs when the shipment is complete.

Thanks!

Bill Cunningham
05-10-2012, 9:54 PM
I'm not sure if this means anything to importing a laser, but I just got a email from the transport company I use, to beware that U.S. customs is inspecting the skids, and wooden packing materials to make sure they have been heat treated, and have the correct imprint on the skid to designate this, and to make sure the imprint is not painted over, or faded. If the skids or wood packing do not meet heat treated specification, or the mark is unreadable for any reason they are denied entry into the U.S... I'm not sure if this is new policy, and/or some nastly bugs are hitchhiking but a call to U.S. customs should clear up any questions....Just a heads up..