PDA

View Full Version : Business card holder Pix

Mike Peace
05-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Here are some business card holders I turned. The one in the middle is Osage Orange and the design is inspired by Cpt Eddie's Youtube on a similar business card holder. The other two business card holders are based on a picture I found in a Google search of business card holder images. The one on the left is spalted maple with the ends of Bradford Pear. The one on the right is cherry with Padauk ends that have been textured. I think the one on the left would have benefited from a wider contrast in wood shades.

Carl Civitella
05-08-2012, 4:43 PM
I like them, something a lot different then what is out there now. Carl

Sid Matheny
05-08-2012, 5:22 PM
I like 'em all and like the one on the left best just the way it is.

Sid

David DeCristoforo
05-08-2012, 6:06 PM
Those are xlent. I might steal that design!

Peter Lamb
05-08-2012, 6:38 PM
Great idea. As usual super execution,
Thanks

Rick Markham
05-08-2012, 6:42 PM
Those are fantastic Mike! I know a few folks who would really appreciate these. The one on the far left is my favorite as well.

Pat Scott
05-09-2012, 9:02 AM
Very cool!

Did you cut the slot on the bandsaw? How did you attach the ends?

Mike Peace
05-09-2012, 8:24 PM
Pat, the slot on the one piece of OO was cut on the table saw with the blade tilted at about 15 degrees. I fastened the block of OO to a piece of 3/4" board with turners tape so I could safely slide the two pieces against the TS fence keeping my fingers away from the blade.

I cut the slot on the three piece ones with the cylinder on end held with a wooden hand clamp so I could safely slide it into the blade with rocking or getting my fingers too close. Multiple cuts. The sides were simply glued on with yellow glue and clamped.