PDA

View Full Version : Metal marking alternative to cermark

james burchfield
05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
I stumbled upon an alternative to cermark on the forms and thought i would give it a try. I requested a sample from ColorLaserProductions to which they sent me a whole bottle of black metal marking.
This morning i have done some test burns and so far the results are a nice surprise. I am engraving SS tags and i can say that the product does seem to work contrary to some posts i have seen. The only issue so far that i have is that the color i am getting looks to be a slightly washed out black however that may very well just be settings i need to adjust. If anyone is interested ill post pictures of the end result.

Mark Sipes
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I only wish the color versions that CLP had originially introduced worked ...

Dee Gallo
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
James, I'd like to see pics of the your tests, but still... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I still stand by Cermark since I know what it's going to do.

Mike Null
05-08-2012, 2:16 PM
I'm also a Cermark fan but recently needed to do a job with the pearl and later with the bronze. I found both to be wanting and unsuitable for commercial work. The job was on newly forged steel which is a deep charcoal gray in color and the opacity of the Cermark just wasn't sufficient. Both adhered well.