PDA

View Full Version : Any good lumber yards in Odessa TX area?

Troy Turner
05-08-2012, 11:20 AM
So I googled and woodfinder'd but I couldn't find anything other than box stores. I may run out there to pick up a trailer and am trying to make it worth my while.

Thanks for the inputs.

Jim Rimmer
05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I would think wood there would be more expensive since it would have to have come from somewhere else and been trucked in. :D Not many lumber mills in the west Texas plains.

Troy Turner
05-08-2012, 2:33 PM
That would probably be my luck :D Can't wait to get back to East Texas. Least I'll have more options...

David Hostetler
05-08-2012, 5:02 PM
Depends on your definition of "area"... Houston and Huntsville have some good lumber yards...

Jim Rimmer
05-09-2012, 3:51 PM
Depends on your definition of "area"... Houston and Huntsville have some good lumber yards...

Troy:

I think I asked you once before if you were from west Texas or West, Texas and if I remember it is West. Houston might be bit of a drive for you but if you are in this area, you've got to go to Clark's Hardwoods in the Heights. Google them and go to their website for directions. Their street (5 1/2 Street) doesn't come up on my GPS and without the directions, you'll never find them. Great place just to look and drool even if you don't buy any wood. Seven warehouses - one is just exotics. Last time I was there they had just received a huge load of beams that looked like they were 20"+ and 20 feet long. They had already cut some up into flooring. It was gorgeous.

Troy Turner
05-09-2012, 5:11 PM
Jim - Way west of West TX. I'm out in Sweetwater, 40 mi W of Abilene. We plan on making a trip back to East Tx in the summer. There's a little mill where she's from so I'll probably bring back a trailer load. I don't think she wants me to wait that long to get a bed made though :D

Looks like I'm going to make a trip up to Lubbock this weekend, but I'll certainly keep Clark's in my book for future reference.

Todd Burch
05-09-2012, 5:23 PM
Funny. I would change the question to "any lumber in Odessa?"

Jim Rimmer
05-10-2012, 1:06 PM
Jim - Way west of West TX. I'm out in Sweetwater, 40 mi W of Abilene. We plan on making a trip back to East Tx in the summer. There's a little mill where she's from so I'll probably bring back a trailer load. I don't think she wants me to wait that long to get a bed made though :D

Looks like I'm going to make a trip up to Lubbock this weekend, but I'll certainly keep Clark's in my book for future reference.

I found a small lumber yard south of Lubbock once while visiting my daughter. Can't remember the name or exactly where but I found it via Google.

I'll try to remeber where you're located. It's a long way from west Texas to West, Texas. :D