PDA

View Full Version : Screen Sets for Mach3

Dave Spitzer
05-08-2012, 4:10 AM
Has any one tried MSM (Mach Standard Mill) Pro version screen set? I've been using it for the past several months and have found it to be a very powerful, and easy to use screen set. I Have tried many others including 2010 screen set and have gone back to MSM. The pro version has complete probing capabilities. A blank user screen is provided for your own config. PDF documents such as the user manuals for Mach3 and MSM are easy to access through the program, and support is also very good if you have questions or problems.

MSM was a joint devolopment between Artsoft and Calypso Ventures. http://www.calypsoventures.com/home.html

Just thought I would pass this info on for anyone looking for a good and powerful screen set, the PDF manual is well written but large at over 180 pages.

Dave

Steve Stram
05-11-2012, 1:41 PM
I'm using the 2010 screen, which is much easier for me than the standard Mach screen. If I wasn't going to use the blank customization screen, what are the major advantages?

Steve.

Dave Spitzer
05-11-2012, 9:55 PM
I believe that a screenset comes down to personal choice and comfort, I've been using MSM for over a year and I find the workflow to be smooth, and that is important to me, from homing, loading G-code, entering an offset, regeneration and probing. If you are happy with the 2010 screenset stay with it. I'm just pointing out another option that has worked for me.

Dave

Steve Stram
05-18-2012, 10:26 PM
"If you are happy with the 2010 screenset stay with it"
That is kind of like like the best software is the one you know how to use.

Steve,