PDA

View Full Version : Puppy update

Shawn Pixley
05-07-2012, 10:28 PM
It is probably not a surprise to anyone that we ended up keeping the deaf puppy. If he was given to the shelter, he would have been put down. He was too nice and tried to be part of our pack to let that happen. Additionally, my son and his girlfriend got a Doberman puppy. Over the last month, we went from two adults and one cat to four adults, two dogs, and a cat. All in all things are going fine.

The deaf puppy turns out to be a great shop dog. Being deaf he hangs out or sleeps. The various loud noises don't faze him one bit. I believe in lots of exercise for dogs. So he gets long walks and a lot of socialization. He goes to the dog park twice a week. We are thinking of getting a vibration collar to call him off leash.

kevin nee
05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Good for you. I had a deaf German Shephard,He loved to play ball and he never let me out of his sight.

Ron Jones near Indy
05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Heartwarming story Shawn. I applaud your family for making this work.

Paul McGaha
05-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Good of you to look out for him Shawn. I hope he does wind up being a great shop dog.

PHM

Bruce Page
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
That's great Shawn. I see the beginnings of a great friendship.

Ryan Mooney
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the update Shawn. I appreciate you giving him a good chance and I'm sure he'll repay you.

Good dogs deserve good people :cool:

Greg Peterson
05-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Great story with a happy ending for all. What more can one ask for?

Thanks for the update.

Steven Green
05-08-2012, 1:53 AM
Congratulations on the shop dog. Sometimes they can be hard to find. You did yourself proud. Nice save

Phil Thien
05-08-2012, 9:10 AM
Awesome. Let us know if you do the vibration collar. I'd be interested in hearing how that works out.