PDA

View Full Version : My day job

Faust M. Ruggiero
05-07-2012, 2:58 PM
I keep saying I have little time to turn this time of year so I thought I would post a few pictures of how I spend my time during the busy season. This is a job we did last week for a local hospital, St Lukes in Bethlehem, PA. The occasion was their 100th anniversary and the function was their Gala held at Saucon Valley CC. Saucon is a fabulous facility and the site of two major golf championships in recent years. 750 guests dressed in formal wear enjoyed cocktails, dinner and dancing in the clubhouse and the tents we provided. One of the tents is set on a platform we erected on a hill adjacent to a patio behind the clubhouse. It was almost 8' high at the tallest side. The lighting is all LED and controlled to gradually change "scenes". The plans had to be inspected and stamped by a certified structural engineer who also inspected the finished product. We removed sod to create a leveled surface for each of 231 base plates that became the foundation of the floor. Rated for 125 pounds per square foot, the deck was capable of supporting 400,000 pounds but was not put to within a 10th of that load that evening. Totally we erected five structures and walk ways connection all of them to the clubhouse and each other. Here are a few images if you are interested. I hope you enjoy them.

Van Huskey
05-07-2012, 3:40 PM
Very cool!

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
05-07-2012, 3:41 PM
Very nice. Those are fun events to attend, especially when guys like you do such a bang up job preparing the setting!

Chris Damm
05-08-2012, 8:08 AM
We had lunch with my SIL yesterday in Benton Harbor, MI and we toured Harbor Shores Golf Course. They are hosting the Champions Tour in a couple of weeks so the place was a beehive of activity. There were huge rolls of sod stacked up near where they were erecting many tents on platforms. This must have been very much like what you did.

curtis rosche
05-08-2012, 9:25 AM
any chance your company is looking to higher a college student?:rolleyes:

Bruce Volden
05-08-2012, 9:43 AM
any chance your company is looking to higher a college student?:rolleyes:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist---blame my wife, she homeschools!

Bruce

Faust M. Ruggiero
05-08-2012, 3:36 PM
Chris,
Code requires the sod be removed and base wooden sub-plates be installed on level tamped soil. When the big boys install at a golf course, they find it better to remove all the sod in a straight line were the base plates will be located. That makes remediation easy. Right now we are quoting a job to install 3 - 40 x 60 structures on platforms 15' high at a sports training camp. The tents will be used a corporate sponsor tents. I can't tell you all the red tape involved, but that's what we do.
Thanks for looking.
Curtis, we try to avoid student hires. We are busy in September and October and the students go back to school too soon. But I admire your willingness.
faust