PDA

View Full Version : Completly OT

Glenn Hodges
03-31-2005, 9:43 AM
The long winter is over down here in South Georgia. If spring hasn't arrived in your area I thought I would give you a taste of it with these azaleas in my front yard, and let you know it will soon be in your yard....enjoy.

Tyler Howell
03-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks Glenn,

I needed that.

John Miliunas
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Out this way, we have no clue as to what we should expect! Less than two weeks ago we had Winter storm watches and 5" of snow fall in just a few hours. Yesterday, we had 11 instances of Tornado Warnings!!!:eek: Today, we started at about 45* early this morning and it's been dropping ever since!:( :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
03-31-2005, 11:21 AM
:) Some of my perenials are starting to turn green, so Spring is coming... you couldn't tell by the weather though.

Hal Peeler
03-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks Glenn, I remember those huge azaleas in Tifton when I was in school there. We're just starting to bloom here in Middle GA. We have practice round tickets to Augusta next Tuesday so I hope that they are in full bloom. What an awesome place!
Hal

David Fried
03-31-2005, 10:36 PM
I started to rake the leaves off the garden and found ice underneath! :(

Sigh ... maybe next month.

Kevin Arceneaux
04-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Yep, my azeleas and Bridal Wreaths have bloomed and my peach tree is in full bloom and making peaches. The orange tree is about to bloom and I have Louisiana Iris's starting to bloom also.

Already mowed the grass twice.

For once we are almost done getting the gardens ready are the right time, all I have left to do is plant 3 rhododendrons that are starting to bloom also.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Our double weeping cherry is in full bloom!

Tom Pritchard
04-01-2005, 1:06 PM
Most of the snow has melted off my deck, and there are still drifts in the woods behind my house. The tulips are starting to poke through, and the geese are flying overhead in unbelievable numbers this year! Ah, Spring!!!

Michael Stafford
04-01-2005, 1:51 PM
The azaleas and dogwoods will soon be in their full glory here as well. In an otherwise drab pinewoods environment the beauty of these trees and bushes will be much appreciated. :) :D

Shortly though the pines will reassert their dominance and my world will be turned yellow as the pines release their flood of ghastly yellow green pollen which will blow into piles of yellow fuzz on the driveways and porches and turn rainstorm runoff into yellow rivulets of putrescence. :(

Glenn Hodges
04-01-2005, 2:30 PM
Hey Kevin, I was out your way and back going to Corpus Christi to get a load of mesquite near the King Ranch. Ate at Prejeans going and comming, bought some bodin also. I wish we had that good food around here all the time.