PDA

View Full Version : Welding Couldn't resist--zero turn mower mod

Matt Meiser
05-06-2012, 3:31 PM
This wasn't actually my idea. My dealer mentioned that he was looking for a hitch to fit the zero turns like I bought so customers could pull a sprayer or small trailer around. Then I splashed through a mud hole while mowing the first time and got to thinking about what I'll do if--err--when I get it stuck. Lots of places to hook on the front but nowhere on the back. So I came up with this quick little project. Husqvarna conveniently provided bolts in a perfect spot. There was even enough length.

Since they went to a lot of trouble to add rubber isolators all over the machine to prevent rattles, I added some on the shackle pin. Just rubber hose slightly compressed so it can't bounce around.

ray hampton
05-06-2012, 3:50 PM
what did the dealer think of this ? now the factory will add this unto their new models

Charles Lent
05-07-2012, 10:43 AM
It should work well for pulling it out of the mud, but most lawn tractor utility trailers want to connect via a vertical pin dropped through a hole and the hole would need to be further away from the tractor/mower to allow for turning.

Charley

Matt Meiser
05-08-2012, 7:29 AM
Yes. I originally designed it with that in mind, but decided for my needs it didn't need to stick put that far so I shortened it up.

Mike Wagner
05-17-2012, 5:29 PM
That is really a great idea!

Matt Meiser
05-18-2012, 10:36 PM
And it works. Tried mowing an area I usually don't because it stays wet. Thought it was dry enough but I guess not.

ray hampton
05-19-2012, 1:49 PM
And it works. Tried mowing an area I usually don't because it stays wet. Thought it was dry enough but I guess not.

you must be talking about Chief Standing Water
because I see the mower crew out in a decent rain shower, not many people that get pay to take showers while they work