PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 746 Table Saw problem

Joe Hamilton
05-05-2012, 4:42 PM
I have a DeWalt DW746. I use Freud Glue Line Rip blades. These blades and the saw setup have served me extremely well. Cuts have been so clean that you cant find any saw marks on the ripped wood.
I recently changed out a blade to a new Freud, same model. When I ran the first board through, the cut looked like a crude jagged roughsawn cut. I see criss cross saw markes along the cut edge. I thought that I may have gotten a bad blade, so I tried 2 other brand new glue line rip blades with the same result!!!!!
Everything seems to be aligned (fence to blade). I do get a little vibration when I am shutting the saw off. My shop has a wooden floor system and probably not perfectly level but I've been using this saw and blade combonation for a couple of years with no issue.
Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks, Joe

scott spencer
05-05-2012, 6:02 PM
What happens when you put your old blade back on?

Joe Hamilton
05-05-2012, 8:51 PM
I put the old blade back on it is not as bad but still leaving a rough cut.
I changed the belt as well but no difference.
The motor seems to jerk or bounce when you power it off. It's always done this a little but it seems much worse now.
With the power off, both the motor shaft and the blade arbor turn smoothly. I guess there could be some slight wear in the bearings that would only be noticeable at a high rate of rotation.