PDA

View Full Version : Wagner HVLP Coversion Gun

Philip Spencer
05-05-2012, 2:52 PM
I just received this from UPS and am, at the moment, long on questions but short on answers. The "Owner's Manual" is really just a parts list and doesn't give any information on what the optimal operating pressure is or which 'Projector Set' is the default one that the gun comes with. If anyone has one of these and could shed some insight I would be much obliged. It will probably save me from uttering countless profanities and a few hours of trial-and-error.

Randy Henry
05-05-2012, 6:05 PM
I used to have one. I set the regulator so I had app. 20psi when the trigger is pulled. With this gun, unless Wagner changed the design, the little plastic valve in the vent is a major pita. If you tilt the gun just a little, it clogs up and the gun won't work properly. I liked the gun and the results, but cleaning that tube and little plastic stopper was more than I wanted. I went with a gravity fed hvlp (Asturro) and I am happy with that.

Ron Natalie
05-06-2012, 8:31 AM
Pretty good article on setting up these guns a few years back in FWW: http://www.finewoodworking.com/FWNPDF/011213068.pdf