PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Want That To Happen

Jason Ritchie
05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Was going good until... well don't ask. Wood is Osage Orange with lots of cracks and termite trails. I know, I like to punish myself by continuing to pick challenging woods to turn.

Steve Schlumpf
05-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Design opportunity!!

Sid Matheny
05-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Those challenging projects make life fun when things go the right way but sometimes.......

Sid

Denny Rice
05-04-2012, 11:21 PM
It still stinks when your pour your heart into a project then.........something like that happens. I love the wood though, very cool.

Mike Cruz
05-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Jason, when you were a kid and you did that in art class it became what? Let's all say it together...An...ash...tray... Yup, by design, right?

Denny Rice
05-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Jason, when you were a kid and you did that in art class it became what? Let's all say it together...An...ash...tray... Yup, by design, right?

I like Mike's outlook on things...It does look like a cool ashtry.

Mike Campbell KS
05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
I may have to start smoking. I have many "ashtrays" sitting in my burn pile. The mild winter saved them.

Jason Ritchie
05-05-2012, 12:45 AM
LOL Some funny responses! I'm not beat up about it at all. I actually only had 30 minutes in it total. I wanted to see if I could run out to my shop and turn a bowl on my lunch break... which is probably why the catch happened in the first place! It was still fun even though it blew up in my face. That missing chunk hit my face shield right square in the middle! It will become firewood for sure as my wife thinks my non-cracked bowls are "nick-nacky" lol. I have a "special" place for all my wood projects out of the way.