PDA

View Full Version : New Booth Tables

John Beaver
05-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I spent the past two days making new tables for Craft and Art shows.
Here are the results.

Photos taken in my driveway. I need them for the Beverly Hills Art Show on May 19-20. If you're in the area stop on by.

3 different heights 32", 37" 42"
3 different lengths 4', 5', 6'

The bases are hinged and fit into rabbets on the bottom of the tables, so they remove and fold up easily. The bases are interchangeable so I can use any combination of height and length.
The wood is painted 13 core plywood with the edges exposed.
I spent hours picking the color that I felt worked best with a large variety of wood.
For indoor shows I will use black drapes, for outdoor shows a White canopy.

Please let me know what you think.

Paul Williams
05-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Very nice. Good luck at the show.

John Keeton
05-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Pretty slick, John!! The hinges look to be concealed - what type did you use? Very nice selection of turnings and a good representation of your work, by the way. Good luck on the event!

Roger Chandler
05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I like those tables! Portable, and stately as a display ..........very nice work and choice of color.......I agree it shows the wood very well. I don't get to Beverly Hills that often, so I might miss this show.....:rolleyes::D....although, I would not mind seeing it for sure!

Steve Schlumpf
05-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Tables look real slick! Very nice work! Best of luck at the show!!

Pete Jordan
05-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Great idea!

I might have to borrow that...

Mike Cruz
05-04-2012, 11:25 PM
This thread should have been called "Floating Bowls"... Great idea. Hope you don't mind if/that the idea is borrowed...it will be. ;)

Lee Koepke
05-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Very nice idea!
My personal thoughts are how you choose to display your works says alot about the works themselves, and this display draws you to the bowls. Best of luck on the show!

Doug Herzberg
05-05-2012, 12:31 PM
John, this is a very clever design for portability and I love the assembled look. Clean lines, excellent color choice. Good luck at the show.

Bernie Weishapl
05-05-2012, 1:53 PM
Great tables John. Good luck.

charlie knighton
05-05-2012, 3:11 PM
very nice, i like the different heights, almost makes it look like a gallery instead of craft show

Bill Wyko
05-05-2012, 3:15 PM
What I like is, they look very professional yet don't distract from the work on display. They actually draw you to the turnings. Well done and good luck.

John Beaver
05-05-2012, 5:37 PM
very nice, i like the different heights, almost makes it look like a gallery instead of craft show

Charlie, you made my day. That is exactly what I was going for. I played with the idea of multiple pedestals for a while, but I couldn't space the work properly.

John, the hinges are just standard hinges that I painted. Might need some touch from time to time, but they are not very exposed.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments.

John

Richard Allen
05-06-2012, 7:52 AM
The tables look fantastic. They are so light and airy. The grey is a terrific color.

Could you show a picture of the feet and a picture of the connection of the uprights to the top?

Doug Reesor
05-06-2012, 9:56 AM
cool idea! looks great.

Doug