PDA

View Full Version : "Reflection Pool'

Ken Glass
05-04-2012, 3:22 PM
Hey All,
My wife also named this one too. This is a Big Leaf Maple Burl Cap I had in the shop and it is 11" x 8' x 7" tall. I used a powdered Blue Dye and rubbed it back with thinner and then when dry, I shot it with 3 coats of Satin Lacquer and then rubbed it back to dull with 0000 steel wool and finally Ren wax buffed it. The Pedestal is ebonized Holly and Flat Lacquered. My pictures seem to just keep getting worse and worse. I also need a new camera, but at least in the picture of the top you can see the real color. Thanks for looking and as always, your comments are most welcome.

Chris Studley
05-04-2012, 3:43 PM
Beautiful.

the coloring is perfect. I like this.

Steve Schlumpf
05-04-2012, 7:41 PM
The first two photos do nothing to showcase the color shown in the 3rd photo! Now THAT works! Beautiful color and wood! Very nice work Ken!

Eric Holmquist
05-04-2012, 8:55 PM
Very novel piece. The third shot that shows the color correct is really nice. Silly suggestion, but it needs a turned bird sitting on it.

Jim Burr
05-04-2012, 8:56 PM
I was going to yak at ya until I saw the last pic...why save the best for last! Great composition and finish....really!!

John Keeton
05-04-2012, 9:32 PM
Ken, I sure wish you had good exposure and balance on the first two pics - really a nice piece and I bet it shows well from the side, too, with good color.

Kathy Marshall
05-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Great piece Ken and really nice color in the 3rd pic!