PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cut Wine Rack

Ed Maloney
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi folks - Anyone have a file they could share? My kids suggested to make one for mother's day.

(I did a search for this but couldn't find any with a sample cdr file.)

Thanks

Bruce Hoffman
05-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Some laserable choices at thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=wine+rack&sa=Search

Hope you find one that'll do.

Dee Gallo
05-04-2012, 1:26 PM
Did you see this thread? Lots of people seem to like them.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?117665-Wine-Glass-holder-that-fits-on-bottle&highlight=wine+rack

Ed Maloney
05-04-2012, 1:31 PM
Yes I did, Dee. I actually downloaded it when it was posted. I may actually go to my local wine places and see if they would be interested in them.

...and Bruce, thanks, I forgot to check that place out. The one I downloaded was a little too big for my laser, so I just took the top off of the circles on the top.

john passek
05-04-2012, 3:26 PM
Hi Ed
if you use face book, do a search for epilogfiles for down load, there are a few racks in the list.
or try www.epilogfiles.com/facebook/
Good luck

Duncan Crawford
05-08-2012, 5:49 PM
Hi folks - Anyone have a file they could share? My kids suggested to make one for mother's day.

(I did a search for this but couldn't find any with a sample cdr file.)

Thanks

Ed,

Try this one-- I designed it to give as gifts. People seem to like them. It takes up to a couple of hours to run, depending on the amount of raster work you might add; assemble using Titebond III with glue on 50% of the tabs. I normally use General Finishes ArmRSeal, one coat for the rack, two or three for the coasters. If you want a shiny effect, another option is to use Zinser Seal Coat on the rack (inside and out) then do a Beall buff finish on the outside of the rack. Material can be whatever you like, but the Lowes maple/birch 5.2mm ply (maple side out) works for me. On my 40 watt Mini-18 that cuts reliably (regardless of glue variations) at 8/100/500. I usually cut the unfinished ply, so I cut thru a medium-tack transfer paper to eliminate smoke and glue deposits. With the paper, a raster setting of 30/65 usually works nicely.

I tried to attach the Corel file, but at 1.4 MB (4 pages for my 12x18 work area) it exceeded the forum limit-- if you'd like it, send a PM.

duncan

AL Ursich
05-11-2012, 9:48 PM
Yes, you did ask for a Laser Version... This is more a CNC version.... BUT... You could cut the pattern for a router bit with a bearing to follow the laser cut pattern. The rails are held with tapered dowels.

AL:)