PDA

View Full Version : Delta Rebates

Matt Meiser
05-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Has anyone actually received a rebate check from Delta? How long did it take?

I'm at about 10 weeks and counting. They acknowledged receipt about 5-1/2 weeks ago.

Garrett Ellis
05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Ugh... I just mailed mine last week, and they acknowledged the receipt of it. Here is what they sent me:

"Thank you for submitting your materials for the DELTA 2012 Winter/Spring Promotional Mail-In-Rebate. Your submission has been received, and is being processed. We have been overwhelmed with the amount of rebate submissions received at the last minute for the 2011 Rebate Program. We have started off the 2012 Rebate Program a little slower than anticipated. We will inform you when your rebate is scheduled to be mailed."

Myk Rian
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Sounds like they're still working on 2011.

Matt Meiser
05-04-2012, 12:54 PM
According to Erin at Delta this isn't a priority for them. She, and she alone, works on it as she has time from her regular duties. Once she finishes it goes to finance to cut a check, then it has to wait for 2 of the 3 senior management people to sign the check before being mail. Her solution to my complaint was to put mine on top of the stack, so now some of you who have been waiting longer than me will wait even longer.

I suggested they make getting me a check a priority or I can ask the MI attorney general to suggest they make it a priority.

Jim Colombo
05-04-2012, 1:06 PM
If it's anything like their spare parts orders your can figure to wait a few months or more. I've been waiting for a part for my lathe since Feb. 8th and still no ETA.

Matt Meiser
05-04-2012, 3:01 PM
Hmm...seem to have stirred up a little trouble over there. Erin just emailed that she just took my check to the post office.

If you are waiting past the deadline, maybe that's what it takes.

Chris Padilla
05-04-2012, 3:32 PM
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. :)

Bob Lloyd
05-04-2012, 3:45 PM
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. :)

That was my thought or maybe more so you mentioning the Attorney General. It really is too bad that companies no longer seem to care about customer service.

Matt Meiser
05-04-2012, 3:56 PM
Apparently squeaky wheel gets you moved to the top of the pile. AG threat gets your check sent.

I love the drill press. The company worries me. Hopefully its just growing pains getting the whole thing up an running.

Craig Wahl
05-04-2012, 4:35 PM
I wonder what the scope of this issue is. Rebate fraud/late payments can be the basis for a class action lawsuit. If they have twenty rebates sitting around that probably isn't the end of the world, but if they have thousands, that could be a much more significant problem. The next person that calls them should tell Erin that the grumblings on this website are pointing towards contacting a class action law firm. If you want them to take this issue seriously anyone with an unpaid rebate should post a quick reply as such if they are willing to be a named claimant in the suit. Here is a little information on class action stuff:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt059.shtmhttp://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt059.shtm

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Rebate+ripoffs+spark+consumer+lawsuits,+new+legisl ation.-a0171770575

You can Google "US FTC Rebate" or something similar to read up on the subject. If anyone is past Delta's stated time period that information would be especially helpful. One or two people threatening to file complaints with their state's AG office or with the Better Business Bureau probably won't change much. Get a class action going with the potential for a multimillion dollar judgment and they will take notice.

Craig Wahl
05-04-2012, 4:39 PM
Sounds like they're still working on 2011.

Sounds like they may have a pretty decent sized back log....

Matt Meiser
05-04-2012, 5:39 PM
Rebate fraud/late payments can be the basis for a class action lawsuit.

I'm not to into making more rich lawyers. But a couple inquiries from Attorney Generals would get their attention real quick. That drove Best Buy right out of the rebate business. CompUSA got slapped pretty hard too back in the day.

Matt Meiser
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
I did get my check early this week. Disappointing that it took a threat to get them to live up to their promise but if that's what it takes. They need to get their act together on all the after-sale stuff like parts, customer service, and accessories or the machines won't matter much.

daniel lane
05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Matt, glad to hear you finally got your check. Your last comment about after-sale stuff struck a chord with me - I bought a standing drill press from them about 6 years ago and it took six phone calls and 3 weeks to get them to send me the manual, which was not in the box. (The squeaky wheel resulted in a FAXED copy...:rolleyes:) In the meantime, I couldn't rightly assemble it without fear of mucking something up. I've been wary of Delta since, but I admit that I'm quick to hold a grudge. Grumble grumble.

daniel

Dan Rude
05-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Well at least they honored it, I sent in a rebate to PC/Dewalt a couple of months back. Their reply was that the Home Depo was not part of the rebate program. That must have been why the PC Biscut Joiner was being discontinued at the store. To me they were at one time an official dealer and so should have honored it.

Dan

John A langley
05-10-2012, 7:10 PM
First let me say I'm not a big fan of Delta Tools. Im also not a big fan of rebates. My feeling is if they can give you a rebate they ought to be able to sell it at that price. Any rebate I ever participated in has stated on the paperwork 6 to 8 weeks. I don't know what Delta's paperwork said but I think that threatening Erin on the first phone call might have a little overkill. Sounds like she was trying to do her job to the best of her abilities and then her company had her overloaded I'm sure as individuals we were all late in doing something that we promised to do. And yes it is true that customer service is going by the wayside. But I find that if I am informative with my problem and friendly I usually get things taken care of. Matt I'm glad you got your money. I guess that is really all that matters.

Troy Turner
05-11-2012, 8:54 AM
If this is what I have to look fwd to waiting on my rebate from P/C I won't hold my breath. Their website says 8-10 weeks so I guess we'll see. Sounds like that maybe while she is overworked, a company with their reputation would have better upper management. Yes, she can only do what she has time to do, and if they're putting EVERY rebate on one person, then that is their single point of failure. If they're still working on '11 rebates, may be time to get some "summer hires" in there to sort the pile down to a more manageable stack.

Matt Meiser
05-11-2012, 4:32 PM
Yeah she's overworked--they have made it one of their lowest priorities. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to live up to their term. You know they'd be quick to deny the rebate if you didn't follow them.

She said they couldn't hire more help. Not sure what that means.

scott spencer
05-12-2012, 12:04 AM
This is the 2nd or 3rd recent post I've read about Delta rebates on different woodworking forums recently. For every active member, I'll bet there are a bunch more lurkers. Delta's reputation has already taken a lot of hits in recent years...not sending promised rebates is a terrible and stupid reason to alienate your remaining loyal client base. Matt's done the right thing by rattling their cage a bit. The rebates sound like a good task for a summer intern to take on. Anyone up to sending a link to this post to the CEO?

George wilmore
05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
I got my rebate in about 10 weeks the check cleared so all is good. I love my 5hp unisaw and drill press. I would not them for any other machines.

Paul Wunder
05-12-2012, 1:43 PM
All this concern about Delta rebates prompted me to write to Milwaukee re my recent rebate submission. I wrote to them yesterday at 4:41 PM asking my status. At 5:56 PM I received a pleasant reply indicating that my rebate request was received on May 3rd, was approved and will be shipped within the the stated time frame. Needless to say, a much different experience than experienced by some of you with Delta.

The rebate (now closed) was for a free 3/8" close quarters angle drill/driver if I bought a regular 3/8" drill/drive kit in the M12 series. Nice deal. Nice tool. Excellent C/S.

Ron Natalie
05-12-2012, 5:00 PM
I had an interesting time with Dewalt on a "rebate" issue. I walked into my nearest Lowes and they had a big display that says "By the six tool package and get a tool free." Great I think. Buy the kit, pick out that I want the jig saw as my free tool. Mail off my receipts, boxtops, etc... that they want. Several weeks later get a post card from Young America that the offer had expired before I purchased the tool. Go back to Lowe's. Still have the display up but sure enough the fine print says it expired the day before I first sent it in (but they still have to blasted display up). Gripe up and down at Dewalt through their web site. They tell me to pound sand and bitch at Lowes. Send a letter to Lowes corporate. They refer me to my local store manager. Finally get to the local store when the "manager" is present (just missed him the first time) and he looks at my story and said "what did you want." I told him the Jig saw. We dig around in the tool coral and they don't have one. I remembered the vacuum cleaner was one of the other choices and they have those, so he just handed me the thing and sent me on my way.

Great grumble a bit about Dewalt but at least my local Lowe's manager has my back.

About six weeks later I get a post card from DeWalt saying my tool is on back order. Back order? What tool. Sure enough a few weeks later, though they swore up and down that they weren't going to make good on their offer no way, no how, my jigsaw showed up.

scott spencer
05-12-2012, 5:52 PM
....About six weeks later I get a post card from DeWalt saying my tool is on back order. Back order? What tool. Sure enough a few weeks later, though they swore up and down that they weren't going to make good on their offer no way, no how, my jigsaw showed up.

Which one did you return?

Myk Rian
05-12-2012, 8:01 PM
Which one did you return?
Yeah, right......;)

Brian Elfert
05-12-2012, 8:11 PM
What company these days doesn't outsource their rebate processing to a third party? I didn't realize there was any company of any real size still processing rebates in house.

It is not unusual for a rebate to take 10 weeks these days. In most cases there is no backlog. They just hold onto the checks for a long time to keep their money as long as possible. I suppose holding them a long time discourages consumers from sending in future rebates. I have heard of some cases were the manufacturer doesn't give the money to the rebate processor so they can't mail the checks.

Clare Valley
07-18-2012, 2:58 AM
I purchased the 18-900L Drill press January 28th and have yet to receive my $100 rebate. I've been corresponding with a lady named Erin in the rebate department at Delta Tools for several months now. but i'm starting to think that even she doesn't know what's going on. This is leaving a sour taste in my mouth and pretty soon it's going to drive me to Jet Tools. I want to purchase the DELTA 31-260X 18-Inch-by-36-Inch Drum Sander but I feel mistreated by Delta and won't make any further purchases from them. I'll go to the 16/32 or 22/44 Jet Drum Sander.

Mike Heidrick
07-18-2012, 3:11 AM
Welcome to the creek.

The Delta sander is not even close to the same league as a 16-32 or 22-44 IMO. Easy enough to switch camps when the tools are that much nicer.

Don't hold your breath for a WMH rebate though - their payout times are almost as long. They do get them out though.

Van Huskey
07-18-2012, 5:42 AM
The Delta sander is not even close to the same league as a 16-32 or 22-44 IMO. Easy enough to switch camps when the tools are that much nicer.

Agree 100%. These days it is absolutely buy the tool not the "brand", in this case Jet bought Performax who really understood the low end of drum sanders.

Randy Rose
08-17-2012, 9:14 AM
Has anyone actually received a rebate check from Delta? How long did it take?

I'm at about 10 weeks and counting. They acknowledged receipt about 5-1/2 weeks ago.

I`m @ 6 MONTHS and counting.
Any one have a phone # for this "Erin"
Thanks !

Bryan Cramer
08-17-2012, 3:51 PM
Thanks !

Me too:mad:! I mailed mine last november (2011) and I would appreciate a phone number. I can never seem to get the right extension line and/or person. Nobody was helpful.

James Heisbert
08-17-2012, 4:12 PM
I hope delta fix these problems.

Matt Meiser
08-17-2012, 6:25 PM
Just email them and threaten to file a complaint with the attorney general in your state like I did. I never called. I may have also posted something on their Facebook wall too.

Randy Rose
08-20-2012, 1:01 PM
Received a response to my e-mail, they claim to be "backlogged" and " I`m not sure as to when your rebate will be mailed" :mad:

Brian Kincaid
08-20-2012, 3:50 PM
I have requests out to their rebate email, facebook, and customer service email. I called the Delta machinery customer service number and the nice lady I talked with explained to me that Delta was sold off and she was unable to help me at all.

I hope someone breaks through on this and lets me (us) know how to receive the rebate that was promised.

-Brian

Brian Kincaid
09-13-2012, 3:32 PM
I have requests out to their rebate email, facebook, and customer service email. I called the Delta machinery customer service number and the nice lady I talked with explained to me that Delta was sold off and she was unable to help me at all.

I hope someone breaks through on this and lets me (us) know how to receive the rebate that was promised.

-Brian

Well, I filled a BBB complaint and it was closed with no respons from Delta Machinery.
I guess they don't care anymore.

-Brian

Matt Meiser
09-13-2012, 4:07 PM
They have 2 closed/unresolved complaints in fact. Which means they now have an F rating with the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/nw-south-carolina/business-reviews/electric-equipment-and-supplies-retail/delta-power-equipment-corporation-in-anderson-sc-90005151

Chris Stolicky
09-28-2012, 10:25 AM
FYI

I can tell you that my current experience with Delta's rebate process does not seem to have improved. I sent in a rebate late April/early May, and received the confirmation on May 9th. It was the standard 'we are behind, but working on it' response. I did not hear anything and sent an email to them on 9/21 (Friday) and got a response on 9/24 (Monday) - a quick turn around. I indicated to them I was contemplating taking advantage of a current rebate deal Delta is offering (the free low-profile sander deal) but have not, so far, due to this current rebate ordeal. Well, that offer ends on 9/30, and the only response I have right now is the note below on 9/24. Here is the recent explanation:

Dear Chris,
Thank you for contacting DELTA in regards to the status of your rebate submission. We are behind on sending out these rebate checks. Our Company Controller has been out of the country which has been making it very difficult to get these checks signed and sent out. I have just contacted her with all of your information in an attempt to find out when your rebate check will be mailed. I am hoping to hear back from her soon. I will let you know as soon as I have received an update on when your rebate check is going to be mailed out.

We would like to thank you for choosing to purchase DELTA products. Sincerely, DELTAŽ Power Equipment Corporation

I'm still undecided if I will go ahead with the current offering. This service is simply unacceptable.

Julian Tracy
09-28-2012, 4:04 PM
Well - for a good tool company rebate story - EVERY single free tool Makita rebate I've sent in has come so fast, it suprises me when I see the box on my door. Literally within two weeks it seems.

So for all the rebate haters - keep your love for Mak, they're on the ball.

And I sent in some with Home Depot clearance priced receipts - no hassle at all, even though the purchase price was close to 25% of retail.

JT

Myk Rian
09-28-2012, 4:30 PM
Our Company Controller has been out of the country which has been making it very difficult to get these checks signed and sent out.
That's because the new owners are also out of the country. Don't hold your breath waiting.

From Wikipedia:
Current ownership

In January, 2011, Taiwan-based Chang Type Industrial Co., Ltd. purchased the Delta brand from Stanley Black & Decker.[2] Chang Type formed a wholly owned subsidiary, Delta Power Equipment Corp. to own the acquired assets including trademarks, designs and industrial tooling.[1] Chang Type is moving Delta's production tooling from a Stanley Black & Decker owned facility in Jackson, Tennessee to a facility in Anderson County, South Carolina.[3] Bryan Whiffen is President & Chief Executive Officer and Norm MacDonald is Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer of Chang Type's Delta Power Equipment Corp. subsidiary.[1]

Randy Rose
10-05-2012, 1:46 PM
^ Yes Julian, I am indeed a "rebate hater"
8 months & counting.
Never again.:mad:

New lead rebates@dpec-na.com
Calling now

EDIT ^ DEAD END, gee what a surprise

Randy Rose
10-05-2012, 2:19 PM
Thanks !

The # for Erin in S.C. is 864-231-5888 X112
The TOLL FREE # for the plant is 1-800-368-1487
I plan on calling the 1-800 # until their switchboard melts.

Randy Rose
10-05-2012, 2:22 PM
Erin in rebates 864-231-5888 X112
TOLLFREE to the plant is 1-800-368-1487
Anybody know how to build an auto dial machine ?

Will Overton
11-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I've been waiting since April for $100. A number of emails from Erin but still no check. The last one on 10/8 said we'll be sending rebate check out very soon. This was the first one that wasn't signed, "a proud member of the DELTA Team".

At least she realizes there's nothing to be proud of. I feel bad for Erin. She's the one that management put in this position.

While I like my drill press and a couple other Delta tools in my shop, there won't be any more. their total disregard for their customers will, in time, put them out of business ... or maybe Black and Decker will but them. :)

Will Overton
11-19-2012, 7:57 PM
Wednesday I emailed Delta and told them what I was sending to the S.C. Attorney General along with a request for a fraud investigation. I got a return email telling me they pulled my paperwork and my check would be out by the end of the week. I got an email Thursday saying my check was being brought to the Post Office Thursday night. I received my $100 check today and took it right to the bank.