PDA

View Full Version : Bessey clamps

Jim McCarty
03-30-2005, 10:20 PM
My wife and I are going to Europe this summer for 3 weeks (our first trip out of the country) to visit our daughter who is a missionary/teacher in Hungary. We're going to travel to Germany, France, Austria, etc. I was wondering ( and I know this is a real long shot) if anyone knows where Bessey clamps are made and if they might have a factory store. I've looked up their web info. and all I can find that might tell me their address is in german. If anybody has any information on this I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance. Jim

Mitchell Garnett
03-30-2005, 10:30 PM
If you go to www.bessey.de (the German home page), you'll get an option to select which area of the Bessey Group you want - select clamps and then you'll get to choose English or German - from there, select Company from the top menu (on the right) and you can learn everything you'd like to know about Bessey.

I don't know about Bessey but my attempts to find good prices on Festool, Sjoberg and other imports always led me to higher prices even when you took off the VAT. But don't let me discourage your attempts - and if you do find a good deal at the factory, please share that information.

Mitchell