PDA

View Full Version : Jet JPS-10TS vs Grizzly G0715P 10" Hybrid

Philip Spencer
05-03-2012, 7:54 AM
I've read many positive reviews about each of these hybrid saws but have not been able to find a head-to-head comparison. Going by the specs, they appear to be comparable saws with one critical difference: the price. The Grizzly is $800 + shipping, the Jet is $1400 w/ free shipping. Is the Jet that much better (more accurate, more durable, etc) to justify the price difference? I haven't been find any particular feature that I can point to is why the price is so different. TIA. -- Phil

Cary Falk
05-03-2012, 8:36 AM
Jet is not that much more better. Part of the price difference is middleman dealer markup and a 5 year warranty with Jet. Grizzly sells direct at a reduced cost. I don't have either of the saws you listed. I have a Grizzly 1023RL cabinet saw. If you are going to spend $1400 on a saw I would buy a Grizzly cabinet saw(provided you have access to 240V). I have a couple of Jet tools and don't find the fit and finish any better than Grizzly. Jet is overpriced in my opinion.

Glen Blanchard
05-03-2012, 9:50 AM
I have owned two JET table saws. I have never owned a Grizzly table saw, but I do own one of their planers and one of their jointers. Simply put, you get more bang for your buck with Grizzly. IMO, the JET might be marginally better than the Grizzly, but not to the tune of $500 (after shipping) or thereabouts. I have been extremely happy with both my JET and Grizzly purchases, and have had very positive customer service experiences with both companies as well.

All this of course is not much more than one man's opinion.

Joseph Tarantino
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I've read many positive reviews about each of these hybrid saws but have not been able to find a head-to-head comparison. Going by the specs, they appear to be comparable saws with one critical difference: the price. The Grizzly is $800 + shipping, the Jet is $1400 w/ free shipping. Is the Jet that much better (more accurate, more durable, etc) to justify the price difference? I haven't been find any particular feature that I can point to is why the price is so different. TIA. -- Phil

$1400 for a jet hybrid TS! problems of the griz 715 notwithstanding, wise up and get either a griz 690/691 or a 1023. equivalent prices to the jet and they have 2 big advantages relative to the jet. they are "real" cabinet saws and they are not Jets. anyone spending $1400 for that jet TS should have their head examined, IMHO.

scott spencer
05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Overall, the Grizzly stuff usually represents good quality and good value, but the G0715P in particular has had a number of reports of alignment problems. The guts of the G0715P are very similar to those of the Ridgid R4512 and Cman 21833, which have also had several reports of similar alignment issues. Obviously the problem doesn't effect every saw of this type, but it's a high enough number that I'd be concerned about buying any of those models. In the same power and duty rating, you might consider the G0713 or G0661 instead. If you've got 220v, the G0690 and G1023RL are far more substantial saws than any hybrid saw, and are worth serious consideration....the G1023RL is $1349 shipped (http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-3-HP-220V-Cabinet-Left-Tilting-Table-Saw/G1023RL).

A look under the hood of a G1023RL:
http://cdn0.grizzly.com/pics/jpeg500/g/g1023rl_det1.jpg

A look under the hood of the former G0478 hybrid, which is not identical to the Jet or current Grizzly hybrids, but is still very representive of the substantial differences in the overall construction from a full blown cabinet saw.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/hewood/sawparts/g0478_trunnions.jpg