PDA

View Full Version : Bowls for My Daughters Wedding 4-28-2012

Rich Aldrich
05-02-2012, 10:02 PM
I made 28 bowls for my daughters wedding. We put M&Ms in the bowls. They are cherry, ash and maple. Sizes range from 3.5" to 6" dia. My middle daughter wrote on the bottoms of the bowls. One daughter married, two to go and I am in no hurry. All of the bowls left with guests. People were amazed and I have to make a few more for those who didnt get one.

Ted Evans
05-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Very nice collection there Rich, your daughter should be very pleased.

Dennis Ford
05-02-2012, 10:17 PM
That is a lot of bowls! They look good.

Ted Calver
05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Great idea Rich. Glad mine are all married or I'd be turning some like yours.

Roger Chandler
05-02-2012, 11:22 PM
very nice bowls, Rich and a lot of work...........I am sure the guests will treasure those........nice finish on them as well!

Bernie Weishapl
05-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Rich that is a fine looking bunch of bowls. Really well done.

Fred Perreault
05-03-2012, 6:57 AM
Rich, that was a fantastic idea. That is the sort of thoughtfulness that will be with folks for a long time. I have seen so many people embrace wooden, hand crafted items in recent years. It's exciting to see, but sad that so many don't fully understand the "what" and "how" of what goes into it. But ya still have to love it...!

Steve Schlumpf
05-03-2012, 7:41 AM
Rich - that sure is a unique idea! Very nice work! I am sure your daughter and son-in-law appreciate all that you did to help make their wedding day special! I am also sure that all the guests who received one of your bowls were thrilled to get it! Cool story! Thanks for sharing!

Jerry Rhoads
05-03-2012, 8:37 AM
Great looking candy dishes Rich.

I got to do the same thing four years ago when one of my daughters got married.
People may buy way too much Asian items. But when they get something like these bowls, they are "Precious". and a great reminder of when and where someone got married

Faust M. Ruggiero
05-03-2012, 6:48 PM
Daughters are really special people and deserve great bowls filled with M&Ms. Your turning buddies can make their own bowls but ....where are our M&Ms. We could have helped celebrate. I love M&Ms. Anyway, now that my rant is over, those are a really nice personal touch for her wedding. I can't wait to see what you turn when she announces a grandchild one of these days. Big bowls full of Snickers..
faust

John Keeton
05-03-2012, 7:10 PM
Really a neat idea, Rich, and some great looking bowls!

Rich Aldrich
05-04-2012, 9:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments. It was my wife's idea. I didnt think I was going to get them done in time because my job changed and I was coming home only every other weekend. I ended up changing jobs and joke that I changed jobs so I could get the bowls finished. In reality, I chnaged jobs because I wanted to get back into engineering. It just happens that I am close enough to come home every weekend and play in the shop.

Kathy Marshall
05-05-2012, 12:20 AM
That's a nice bunch of bowls Rich! I'm sure the wedding guests appreciated the gifts!