PDA

View Full Version : Beep - Beep

charlie knighton
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
5 1/4 x 5 1/4

bradford pear

Roger Chandler
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
That is cool, Charlie! Nice form and nice pyro work on it as well............I am guessing the beep beep is for the roadrunner!

Eric Holmquist
05-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Nice job, is that pyro or pigment?

I recognize the third one as a roadrunner but the symbolism of the first two is lost on me. I assume they are some traditional southwestern symbols.

Scott Hackler
05-02-2012, 1:51 PM
Charlie, I like these designs a lot better than the smaller ones in the previous pieces. Their size alone seems to fit this vessel very well. I also think that the larger, darker lines work. Nice job.

Bill Hensley
05-02-2012, 2:08 PM
Ditto what Scott said.

charlie knighton
05-02-2012, 2:57 PM
I am guessing the beep beep is for the roadrunner! yes, that's where it came from

is that pyro or pigment?Eric, its pyro, i use a burnmaster

I recognize the third one as a roadrunner but the symbolism of the first two is lost on me. I assume they are some traditional southwestern symbols.Eric, the other two are abstract forms, Zia clan

thanks for your comments and for looking Roger, Eric, Scott, and Bill

Ted Evans
05-02-2012, 6:02 PM
A very interesting piece, well done.

Rick Markham
05-02-2012, 8:53 PM
Those are cool Charlie, really clean looking work on the designs. I love the roadrunner!

charlie knighton
05-02-2012, 9:39 PM
thanks for your comments and for looking, Ted and Rick

Thom Sturgill
05-02-2012, 9:40 PM
I like this one best so far, Charlie. Good form and good burning designs.

charlie knighton
05-02-2012, 9:51 PM
thanks Thom, i have been experimenting with different forms and burnings. i like the southwest forms, they are functional and i have not been able to cover a hf with embellishment , i like the wood too much

Michelle Rich
05-03-2012, 6:15 AM
the designs are getting darker and larger..I like these a ton..the bird is wonderful

Tim Rinehart
05-03-2012, 8:35 AM
Very nice work Charlie. This came out well. Makes me thing of all the pseudo-Latin names that came up with the roadrunner cartoons for the RR and WC.
Well done.

Bernie Weishapl
05-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Charlie those are nice. I really like those.

charlie knighton
05-03-2012, 11:48 AM
thanks for your comments and for looking, Michelle, Tim, and Bernie

influenced by Zia clan

Steve Schlumpf
05-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Charlie - like everyone else that has already commented - these pyro designs really stand out. Very clean and artful!!

charlie knighton
05-03-2012, 2:48 PM
thanks Steve for commenting and looking

i attended Molly Winton's rotations at Tennessee symposium 2 years ago. she is teaching course this summer if anyone is interested

Molly Winton (http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/member.php?u=503) http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/images/icons/icon1.gif Woodturning/burning Summer Camp anyone?
This is the time when the craft schools are coming up on class attendance deadlines. If you're considering immersing yourself in a week of woodturning fun this summer, now is the time to sign up.

I'm teaching a one week "Burn and Turn" class at Anderson Ranch the week of July 9-13 in Snowmass, Colorado. We'll spend the week making chips fly and smoke billow. I'm told we need 2-3 more folks to make the class happen, so if anyone wants to join us for the fun, sign up by the end of this week. I'm told there are a couple other turning classes that also need more attendees to make them fly, so if burnin' is not your style, check out the other classes offered. Jason Schneider (at Anderson Ranch) says there is a possibility of a half scholarship if finances are tight. Availability and details can be discussed with him.

I'm guessing Anderson Ranch is not the only facility coming up on deadlines, so to support other teachers, and facilities, consider a week living and breathing (with proper sinus and lung protection!) your passion. I've participated in a few one week courses and found they are worth every penny spent. I'm hoping I have the chance to make that statement true for some other folks in my class.