PDA

View Full Version : Accuris Laser

Jeff Belany
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Anyone have any issues with an Accuris laser? 30W, 19x26. Mainly negative issues? How well does the rotary work? How easy to work with or work on?

I have a chance to pick one up at a fair price but need to make a decision real soon, something I don't really like to do. But this is a special situation. Any comments good or bad greatly appreciated.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Mike Null
05-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Jeff

I don't believe tech support transfers with that brand. It may not be an issue as it is manufactured by GCC and there are a good many owners here who could probably assist if needed.

Jeff Belany
05-02-2012, 1:02 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess I never realized the tie to GCC. I can remember people having issues with Sign Warehouse but it seemed they were either real good or just the opposite. I know a GCC dealer not that far away. It would be great if I can get help/parts from him.

Rodne Gold
05-02-2012, 1:32 PM
I know the pinnacle lasers that Signwarehouse sells are GCC one's , not too sure about the Accuris...check first.

Richard Rumancik
05-02-2012, 2:10 PM
Are you looking at the Accuris Micro? I think these are Laser Tools & Technics (LTT) machines (model ILS-2).

http://www.lttcorp.com/ils-series/item/4-ils-2.html

Maybe if you can find a product match you can find more users.

Jeff Belany
05-02-2012, 3:05 PM
I'll know more tonight when I get a chance to see the machine. According to the person selling it it looks like the Pinnacle M that is on the Sign Warehouse website. Has a rotary that has never been used. For the most part it was pretty lightly used from what I have been told.

Richard Rumancik
05-02-2012, 6:55 PM
Sihn Warehouse rebrands their lasers - different name, different color. The Pinacle M series is probably a Mercury clone. (the one you are looking at is probably a Mercury I or Mercury II, the serial number and mfg date would probably identify it.) They keep the GCC name on the Spirit however. The small Accuris Micro seems to be an LTT machine.

It might be a good deal, but just keep in mind the clock is still ticking on laser tubes in storage, so factor in a laser recharge at some point.

Jeff Belany
05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the replies. I found out last night that the laser is a Powersharp 12. Mfg. in 2007. Signwarehouse is still selling refurbs for $6000. Machine seems to be very clean, only used to cut Mylar stencils. Has a NIB rotary. Anyone have any experience with that rotary?

I see the machine has an Ethernet port but the owner has only used a LPT printer cord on it. I assume it shouldn't be too hard to configure the network port.

How is Signwarehouse to work with. In my reading it seemed they had problems in earlier years but don't see as many complaints in recent years. Anybody have any experience they would like to share? You can answer here or PM me.

Thanks again. This forum is the best!!

Mike Null
05-04-2012, 2:18 PM
Why don't you call them right now and see for yourself.

Jeff Belany
05-04-2012, 3:41 PM
Asking a company how they are to work with -- of course they are going to say they are brilliant. Was just looking for some real world experience. I didn't call them but I emailed and got a prompt reply.

Couple things -- their system for tech support is paid -- you have a question it's $50. Original owners get email support free but that is non-transferable. Not a problem if everything runs OK, but could easily add up if you start having problems. Another thing is apparently (if I understood right) when you need a tube replaced they don't exchange tubes, you have to ship yours in to get recharged/repaired and it depends on out busy the repair facility is as to how long it takes to get it back to you.

Also, this is not a GCC rebrand. It is made by LTT.

Tough decision -- will be a long weekend thinking it over. Would be a backup machine for me. Would make a nice starter machine for someone.

Ron Hamilton
05-07-2012, 4:30 PM
I have been running the 30w Powersharp 14 for the last 5 years only problem was that at 100 speed it would band on photographs, fix was to keep speed max to 90 and no problems since. I have had a good experience with the machine and the rotary is great, (using it as I type this)

Ron

Mike Null
05-07-2012, 5:25 PM
Jeff

If that's the only question you could think of to ask then you were right not to make the call.