PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Area Baltic Birch

Joe Scarfo
03-30-2005, 5:37 PM
Today I jumped into the truck for a simple trip to a fav supplier for a few sheets of Baltic Birch for a drawer project.

No one had any. My bad, should've called first....

To my shock, the one place who still carries it wants over $45 for a 5 x 5 sheet. The last purch I made was in the low 20's for the same, pbly 12 mos or so ago.

Anyone know of a supplier in Tampa Bay still carrying 1/2" baltic birch?

As always.... Tks
Joe in Valrico

Jim Becker
03-30-2005, 6:12 PM
Can't help you with a supplier, but the last time I bought 3/4" BB in 5' x 5' it was $36 locally...and that was a few years ago.

Chris Mann
03-30-2005, 6:51 PM
I'm not in the tampa area, but just for a price comparison, I picked up some 1/2" today for $23 a sheet. There's another place down the road that wanted $44 a sheet. So it definitely pays to call around.

Ed Blough
03-30-2005, 9:57 PM
I would be interested to know where you found it. The only place I know is Woodcraft that has it stocked and it is in small pieces 1x3' to 2x4' and they are expensive. So when you get your best price let me know where.

Joe Scarfo
03-31-2005, 4:11 PM
Ed,

The last time I purch was from a place call Tech Products near Tpa Int'l. Where Westshore crosses Hillsborough, it becomes Anderson. Just north of there is a street called something like Knollwood. Turn Right. It's about 300 yards down on the right.

They're a great source for hardware as well. I opened an account and get items wholesale. If you spend a few dollars for their solid surface class, you can have access to that as well. Soon enough, I'll be re doing counters all over the place.

1/2 Baltic Birch was appx 25 a sheet 6 mos ago.

Laminates and Things used to carry the stuff as well, but no longer.

I guess I need to hit the phones.

Tks
Joe in Valrico