PDA

View Full Version : I think I just might be a redneck!

John Shuk
03-30-2005, 5:24 PM
Well it is a nice day here in NY. I decided to make a couple of chickens on the Weber charcoal grill. I don't like to wait for the charcoal to get ready so I used my Harbor freight torch to light it. I call it my afterburner. If you've used one you know why. Is this a little over the top or what? By the way it worked REALLY well for those willing to brave the strange looks you might get.
John

Scott Parks
03-30-2005, 9:44 PM
Ah, yes... I've been doing that for years with a propane torch!:D

Jeff Sudmeier
03-31-2005, 2:30 AM
Yes, I have used the propane torch method while camping and I was impacient :)

Ted Shrader
03-31-2005, 11:27 AM
John -

No, probably not a full redneck, but with some tendencies. Check out using liquid oxygen here (http://web.archive.org/web/20010605073033/ghg.ecn.purdue.edu/~ghg/ignobel.gif). :p

Ted

Justin Case
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM
No...Redneck is my brother and his friends who decided to go Christmas Tree hunting in the REAL sense of the word. They used shot guns instead of a saw! :confused: They belong on the Jeff Foxworthy show!

Mark Patoka
04-01-2005, 7:26 AM
From the responses in this thread I guess my FIL could be considered redneck. He uses his "afterburner" to light the campfire at the cottage (not just light it but makes sure the wood is "dried out" while being lit) and he trimmed some tree branches with his shotgun because they were too high up to get with a tree saw.