PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

Steven G Williams
04-30-2012, 1:13 PM
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a Product Design Engineer by trade. I like working with Steel and Wood and have been designing a few pieces of custom furniture for our home (mostly for my wife Kay) & a few craft shows that we attend during the year. Her hobby is making mittens from old wool sweaters, and few other crafts that she works on during the year. My interest is in designing furniture with Autodesk Inventor and then making them a reality.

I was refereed to your forum by Joe from veneersupplies.com, I was asking him to quote a small project for me and he suggested that I post a thread here in hopes that I could find someone interested in helping me. I also know that some forums have different sections for each topic. Does anyone know what section I should post in for finding someone to do a wood working job for me? I would be forever grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Also if anyone needs something engineered or has an engineering question feel free to ask for help I will do my best to answer your questions.

I would also like to thank you all for your help in advance, I know how valuable your time is.

Bruce Page
04-30-2012, 2:34 PM
Steven, welcome to Sawmill Creek! To answer your question, posts on contracting someone to do work for you should be placed in our Classifieds forum. However, you must be a contributor to post in our Classifieds forum.

You can become a contributor for as little as $6.00 a year by clicking on the Donate button at the top of the page.

For a minimum of $6, you can have contributor status for a calendar year, which includes:

ABILITY TO TURN OFF BANNER ADS
Access to post in the Classifieds forum
Larger avatar (100x100)
Ability to create and post Blogs
Ability to post public and private project Photo Albums
Access to the private Lumber Yard forum
Access to the Deals and Discounts forum
Double the private message Inbox size
..and more features as we add them

Donations higher than $6 are always welcome, but will count toward the current year subscription.

Bruce

Andrew Pitonyak
04-30-2012, 4:55 PM
Welcome to the forum :-)

Dennis Peacock
04-30-2012, 6:40 PM
Looks like you got the skinny from Bruce....so I'll just say "Howdy".!! :)

Paul McGaha
04-30-2012, 7:34 PM
Hi Steven,

Welcome to Sawmill Creek. I'm sure you'll find it's a very good woodworking forum.

PHM

Peter Stahl
04-30-2012, 9:40 PM
Welcome Steve!

Chris Walls
04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome Steven

I always liked Grand Haven, nice town. I know you'll enjoy it here.

Chris

Belinda Barfield
05-01-2012, 1:15 PM
Welcome Steven! You'll find loads of help here, some you'll appreciate, and some you won't. :D

Harry Hagan
05-02-2012, 8:36 PM
Welcome Steven,

I’m continually amazed how often Sawmill Creek members take the time to share their expertise (in great detail) and steer us in the right direction.

Steven G Williams
05-08-2012, 2:07 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks!:)