PDA

View Full Version : store fixtures when you're bored

frank shic
04-29-2012, 11:22 PM
hey guys, am i the ONLY ONE that's ever gotten dragged along by LOML to a women's clothing or accessory store? well, i've noticed that most painless way for me to pass time is to check out the store fixtures. i've noticed anthropology has some rustic furniture, gap has more modern fixtures sometimes built out of plywood and j crew has some decent pieces but was wondering if anyone else has any other insights?

Keith Westfall
04-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Sometimes I think i should have a screwdriver in my pocket for all the loose joints that seem to be in so many store fixtures... :cool:

Dan Friedrichs
04-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Anthropology had some sort of geodesic dome, constructed from fabric, 2x2's, and flattened hanger straps, that I inspected for quite awhile.

But, yeah, I often check out the casework and trim. I'm very glad to know I'm not alone in this :)

harry hood
04-30-2012, 12:07 AM
I've often thought about a mobile water stone sharpening rig for situations like that.

frank shic
04-30-2012, 2:10 PM
Anthropology had some sort of geodesic dome, constructed from fabric, 2x2's, and flattened hanger straps, that I inspected for quite awhile.

But, yeah, I often check out the casework and trim. I'm very glad to know I'm not alone in this :)

sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me sane... "honey, what do you think of this dress?" lol as long as she's happy i'll go along!

Rich Engelhardt
04-30-2012, 3:10 PM
Frank my friend - treasure those moments while you're both still young...;).

My wife drags me to WalMart and the foundation garmets...that what over 31 years of marriage get's you..
It starts out with Victoria's Secret and lingere, winds down to the Gap and places like that with dresses, then hits bottom with WalMart and the foundation garmets...
I amuse myself by going into the dressing room, closing the door then saying in a loud voice, "Hey, there's no toilet paper in this stall"!
:D

ray hampton
04-30-2012, 4:39 PM
when you say "foundation garments" you do mean socks don't you ?

frank shic
04-30-2012, 4:48 PM
Frank my friend - treasure those moments while you're both still young...;).

My wife drags me to WalMart and the foundation garmets...that what over 31 years of marriage get's you..
It starts out with Victoria's Secret and lingere, winds down to the Gap and places like that with dresses, then hits bottom with WalMart and the foundation garmets...
I amuse myself by going into the dressing room, closing the door then saying in a loud voice, "Hey, there's no toilet paper in this stall"!
:D

rofl that's one of the things i look forward to in the aging process: messing around with all the young people! ;)

Ryan Brucks
04-30-2012, 4:49 PM
This thread makes me laugh.

when my daughter was being born, the nurses had to snap me out of it because I kept asking them how all the various monitors and machines worked :)

Chris Tsutsui
04-30-2012, 4:51 PM
My wife only shops at Ross and will go to kohls only when she gets 30% off coupon.

When I'm with her I am too busy with the kids that I only have time to become frustrated.

Ryan Brucks
04-30-2012, 5:06 PM
another one:
my wife and I were at a really nice restaurant the other day. They had AWESOME furniture including our table. One of the corners was nicked, but I couldn't tell if the wood was a solid top, or some crazy type of veneer. I kept bending down sideways to look under the table. My wife then said I was embarassing her and asked if I could sit in my chair like a big boy.

Jeff Duncan
05-01-2012, 1:33 PM
I have a better technique....I avoid shopping with her in the first place:D

If we're out shopping and she's looking at clothes, that's when it's time to take the boy (5 yrs) for a walk. We go check out the scenery and see what we can find, and she gets to do her thing in peace.....everybody's happy;)

JeffD

Jeff Monson
05-01-2012, 4:51 PM
I dont go clothes shopping with my wife. I learned long ago its easier to live with the short term pain of saying no, versus the lifelong pain of sitting in a clothing store when saying yes. I do admire casework and millwork in the resteraunts though.