PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the Arrow CT-50 cordless stapler?

Brian Elfert
04-29-2012, 7:09 PM
I have a ton of screen to install at a location without electrical power and I have no generator. Has anyone used the Arrow CT-50 cordless stapler? Does it fire really quickly like an electric or pneumatic? I bought a Ryobi cordless stapler, but it takes its sweet time shooting a staple. I could probably shoot a manual staple gun faster!

I do have a gas air compressor I could use. I've been thinking about the pneumatic Surepower stapler instead of cordless battery, but listening to the compressor run all day and dragging the hose around makes a cordless stapler look attractive.

Jerome Hanby
04-30-2012, 8:08 AM
I've got one I "borrowed" from my folks. I used it to attach some screening. It worked for that, but I never touched it again after getting a pneumatic PC model. No empirically tested reason for that, the staples for the PC seemed more substantial and I usually have the brad nailer set up so it's always handy...

Brian Elfert
04-30-2012, 9:08 AM
It turns out the Ryobi cordless stapler is not only slow, but also too heavy for extended use. Is the Arrow cordless light enough for extended use?

I have a Senco narrow crown pneumatic stapler already, but narrow crown staples are not ideal for screen. The wider 3/8" staples seem to be better for screen because they have more holding area.

Jerome Hanby
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM
The Arrow I used was corded and it was light enough for it to be a non-issue. I'm a fairly burly guy, so YMMV...