PDA

View Full Version : Where Can A Fella Get A Haircut?

Jerry Bruette
04-29-2012, 5:34 PM
Just got home from a very moving event.

I participated in my first St. Baldrick's head shaving event. LOML and I stumbled upon a place in Green Bay last spring that had sponsored a St. Baldrick's event and I found the idea of getting all my air cut off for children's cancer research intriguing. So I signed up sent a few e-mails, letters and got some pledges from the folks at work. Learned about children's cancer, the organization and heard some moving stories.

The local organization wanted to beat last years donations and were pretty confident we'd do that. The final count isn't in yet but as of last night we had over $16,000 in donations and recieved plenty more at todays event.

Here's some before, during and after pictures.:eek: No laughing allowed.:)

David G Baker
04-29-2012, 6:10 PM
You did a good thing. Did your children recognize you after the cut?

Jerry Bruette
04-29-2012, 6:20 PM
You did a good thing. Did your children recognize you after the cut?

Kids are all grown and moved out but I'm going to have fun at work tomorrow.

Phil Thien
04-29-2012, 7:21 PM
Good for you. My youngest daughter is doing this on May 25th to raise money for cancer research here in Milwaukee.

Jerry Bruette
04-29-2012, 7:25 PM
Good for you. My youngest daughter is doing this on May 25th to raise money for cancer research here in Milwaukee.

I think it's a brave thing for girls/women to do especially if they're high school age or younger and could have alot of peer pressure about their looks.

Ted Calver
04-29-2012, 7:42 PM
Can't see the hair...apparently the big heart gets in the way :) Nicely done sir!

Greg Peterson
04-29-2012, 8:53 PM
You're a good man.

curtis rosche
04-30-2012, 1:17 AM
great cause. good man.

Rich Engelhardt
04-30-2012, 8:08 AM
You look a few years younger with all the gray gone...

I quit shaving last August when I retired and I had my last hair cut about a year ago.

I look like Santa...my head and beard are all white.

I'll have to look around and see if there's somethig similar in my neck of the woods.

Bill Edwards(2)
04-30-2012, 8:28 AM
You look a few years younger with all the gray gone...

I quit shaving last August when I retired and I had my last hair cut about a year ago.

I look like Santa...my head and beard are all white.

I'll have to look around and see if there's somethig similar in my neck of the woods.

Check out Locks of Love.

Even if they can't use your hair for children's wigs, they can sell it.

There are rules. Check woth the wife's hairdresser.

I donated 2 pony tails to the cause over the years.

Belinda Barfield
04-30-2012, 9:45 AM
Good job Jerry, although I have to admit you look quite pained in the second photo.

+1 for Locks of Love, if you have the patience to let your hair grow that long. Hair donated needs to be at least 10" long. Our St. Baldrick's event here is usually the weekend before St. Patrick's Day. I've considered participating but my SO hasn't been very supportive. I keep reminding him the hair will grow back.

Rich Engelhardt
04-30-2012, 2:23 PM
Ok!
Thanks for that info - Lock of Love.

Might as well have my mane go to good use instead of being floor sweepings ;)

ray hampton
04-30-2012, 5:05 PM
congrats ,you took the easy way out by having some one else cut your hair, they are able to cut more quickly

Michael Weber
04-30-2012, 9:05 PM
Nice! Big improvement in my opinion;)

Charlie Knauer
04-30-2012, 9:42 PM
Great job Jerry. Had my head shaved for the 4th time March 25th. St. Baldricks is a great charity.

Charlie

Jerry Bruette
04-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Our St. Baldrick's event here is usually the weekend before St. Patrick's Day. I've considered participating but my SO hasn't been very supportive. I keep reminding him the hair will grow back.[/QUOTE]

Go for it Belinda. The good feeling you get from helping these kids will out weigh the temporary hair loss. Besides it doesn't get cold by you.

Patrick McCarthy
04-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Good cause; good man. Great combination. Props to you, sir.

Belinda Barfield
05-01-2012, 1:23 PM
Our St. Baldrick's event here is usually the weekend before St. Patrick's Day. I've considered participating but my SO hasn't been very supportive. I keep reminding him the hair will grow back.

Go for it Belinda. The good feeling you get from helping these kids will out weigh the temporary hair loss. Besides it doesn't get cold by you.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to grow out for Locks of Love, probably for the last time since no child wants gray hair. I could try to tag team it though and get the pony tail cut first, then the St. Baldrick's look . . . I wil NOT be posting pics though. :D It will be a while since I have about another 6 inches or so to go.

Jerry Bruette
05-01-2012, 5:03 PM
Most of the women/girls that were shaved at our event did the Locks of Love and then were shaved for St. Baldricks.

And remember here on the Creek......No pictures, didn't happen.

Jerry

ray hampton
05-01-2012, 5:12 PM
I would take a part in this but I keep my hair cut short as possible now