PDA

View Full Version : LumberWolf handsaws, any good?

James Carmichael
03-30-2005, 1:39 PM
Has anyone tried these?

I was just browsing over on Lee Valley and saw where they are closing out these discontinued saws. They're Western-Style push with Japanese teeth. The description made it sound like they're the greatest thing since the handplane. LV is one of the few vendors I wouldn't dismiss such hyperbole from.

Being a certifiable saw-nut, I figured $12.95 wasn't too big of a gamble and ordered a 9 ppi.

Also ordered a couple of their Kebiki(sp?) blades at $1.50 each for my long-put-off shop-made marking gauge.

Steve Beadle
03-30-2005, 7:34 PM
Lee Valley has kebiki blades? I've seen them in the Japan Woodworker catalog, but have never noticed them in the Lee Valley/Veritas catalog. I've been wanting to make a marking gauge using one of those blades, too.

James Carmichael
03-30-2005, 8:16 PM
Lee Valley has kebiki blades? I've seen them in the Japan Woodworker catalog, but have never noticed them in the Lee Valley/Veritas catalog. I've been wanting to make a marking gauge using one of those blades, too.

Just lookup their measuring/marking items, you'll see a couple different kebikis (I don't think them call them that). They list replacement blades for them, I went with the cheaper of the two.

I think they're about $10 at JWW.